Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 7 - "Growing Pains"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

Okay, this was actually a pretty good episode! It was nothing of what I was expecting and maybe that was the reason why I liked it so much - it surprised me.

From the preview last week I thought this would be mostly about Barry and the Speed-force and that whole deal with Iris as well and, part of the episode was but not all of it. Most of the episode was actually about Killer Frost and her running from the police... sort of... And, as I said in a previous rant, that story-line was my favorite this season so of course I was thrilled about having this episode be mainly about her.

Well, I guess I'll start with the smaller story-line of the episode - the Barry and Speed-force drama. There's not much to it, to be honest, just the fact that she wants to help Barry have more and better powers and that just messes with Barry's life, who's back being a CSI (it has a been a while since we saw him being just Barry). Not only that but also she's wearing Nora's face and that is messing with Barry's head as well (exactly what I said last week. I don't understand why Iris thought that was a good thing...). Of course everything ends up fine and they 'team up' to fight the other forces.

Now, for the main thing of the episode - Killer Frost.

There's a lot to her story so I'll try to be concise. So that crime scene that Barry worked in this episode turns out it was about a meta with ice powers. Of course that lady detective who's name I can't remember thought it was Frost, but Team Flash knew it couldn't have been her because she was with them. Still, they really couldn't do much about it and so that detective issued an arrest for her (or something like that, I'm not that great with police terms). 

With that, Team Flash tells Frost to not go out but, of course, she doesn't do it. Instead, she goes look for the real killer with ice powers and that's when we are introduced to Mark (aka Chillblaine). And that's when we have one of the funniest scenes like ever on The Flash - when Frost sees him shirtless. I love that they're giving Killer Frost a love interest that it's also a bad guy. Well, of course at that time she doesn't know he's the bad guys but c'mon that was pretty obvious. Of course she eventually finds out that's he's Chillblaine and also that he doesn't really have powers - he has tech - and that's when a fight sequence takes place. It was cool, but I must say that it was too choreographed, in my opinion. Chillblaine has an upper hand on Frost but that's when Flash and Allegra arrive and they're able to take him down. Unfortunately, the detective found Frost and his outside the bar where the fight took place and that's when the episode ends - with Frost surrendering (mostly because Caitlin was arrested earlier, I forgot to mention that). 

I must say that I was a bit surprised that they knew Caitlin was Frost?! I mean, obviously they're not anymore, which worked out great for them, but yeah... That was a bit of a surprise. Apart from that, and even though I was surprised that the episode was about Frost instead of Barry, the story overall wasn't that surprising. Everything went as I thought it would, once I understood what the episode was about, and now I'm just curious to see what's going to happen next since the next episode is called ' The People vs. Killer Frost' and I'm pretty sure most of it will take place in court so... That's going to be interesting.

Unfortunately we're going to have to wait two weeks for it because the next episode will only air on May 4, which really is a bummer. By the way, I've been wondering what's up with Tom Cavanagh's character and I know Wells went away or something but... isn't Tom going to be in this season at all? I haven't heard anything so I just assumed he would have a new character but... It's episode 7 and he hasn't been in so... If you know, please tell me because I'm just really confused.

Apart from that, tell me what you thought of the episode. Were you surprised that this was about Frost, as I was? What did you think of Chillblaine? Let me know everything and I'll see you in May with a new The Flash rant but I'll see you tomorrow with other rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment