Pages

Monday, April 12, 2021

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist | Season 2 Episode 9 - "Zoey's Extraordinary Mystery"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!!

OMG, what a fantastic episode! Truly, this might have been my favorite episode this season! Ugh, I have s much to talk about I don't even know where to start!

Okay, so... After how things ended last episode I wasn't too hopeful. I mean, I was still excited about the show and I wasn't expecting a bad episode but you know... Knowing that Zoey would be with Simon... So, that's why when that first scene happened I was so excited about it. However, they completely tricked me (I guess that's what they wanted) in thinking that things weren't going to work out between Zoey and Simon. I still think they won't work out in the end but with everything that happened in this episode, I have to say that I'm not that mad about her being with Simon anymore. That whole thing with the stool that Simon made for Zoey... awww that was the cutest thing! So yeah, I've warmed up to the idea of them together. But that wasn't even the thing that made me love this episode. It was the actual story!

It's amazing how this show can always surprise me with their different ideas. I do have to say that I go into each episode without knowing anything about it so I'm mostly always surprised. But yeah, the original ideas that they do on the show just blow me away. You would think a show like this would get repetitive - well, it never does! And that was one of the reasons why loved this episode! Then, there's the actual story with the songs being mixed up which just gave a different vibe to the episode - as the title says, it was sort of a mystery. Also, I saw a comment of the episode say that it was actually pretty surprising because at first you thought the songs were just random and then you understand that they're switch up and that gave a different feeling to the episode once you figure that out. Oh, and again, they did that same thing when Max sang 'Anyone' - I really thought things weren't working with Rose which got my hopes up and... Well, I ended up a bit disappointed but I still have hope that Max and Zoey will get back together.

And because we're already on that topic, can we talk about them choosing to do 'Anyone' now? I don't know if you've seen it but Demi Lovato just release a 4 episode documentary about her overdose and the timing of them doing this song on the show as just... on point! Oh and of course, Skylar was the perfect one to sing it, although, I was a bit shocked at the choice so it took me a bit to fully appreciate the singing but yeah... Definitely gonna add that to my playlist. But all the songs in this episode were amazing, actually!

This might have been one of the episode with the most amount of songs and I loved it! I loved basically all the performances but I do have to give a shout out to 'Anyone' (both versions, actually), 'What Does The Fox Say?' which was so funny, and 'Love on The Brain' which was sang buy one of Perry's kids and it was really good!  

Well, I guess that's pretty much it for this episode. I think I touched on all the major moments of the episode. Of course, the ending though... I don't know why I didn't notice that but the ending was so strong and I can't wait for the show to develop on that. Also, I never really noticed that the show has so many characters with names starting with 'M'?! That was also a shock to me... But in a fun way. I also liked that we found out a bit more about all the characters so, once again, the show never gets boring, never gets repetitive and you keep on learning about the characters, which is amazing! 

But that's it from me, I guess... Let me know what you thought of this episode, if you liked it as much as I did and I'll see you later this week with new rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment