Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 6 - "The One With The Nineties"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

Here we are with a The Flash episode without the Flash.

That's right. This whole episode was about everyone but Barry and that is a step back from the previous episode. If you remember, I praised last week's episode exactly because it was mainly about Barry and that's what I want the show to be about. Unfortunately, they got back to the same old story-lines and focus on other people. Although, I do have to say that this episode was mainly about Chester and, in a way, I guess we needed that.

The truth is, I don't think the producers ever thought about turning Chester into a recurring character, but with Ralph gone, they had to fill his place with someone else, and I guess Chester has a similar vibe. The down side is that we knew about Ralph and we don't really know much about Chester and that's where this episode comes in.

This whole episode revolved around "time travel", more specifically a "time travel God" I would say, which got Cisco and Chester in a different time period (but just in a specific part of town). That let us know about Chester and his struggles with everything that he went through as well as with his father's death. I have to say, it was cute and I sort of liked it, but part of me feels like it was a filler episode and we didn't really need to know more about Chester in order to like him (we already do).

The other part of the episode focused on Nora (aka speed-force) and... Ugh! That annoyed me. Mainly because it involved Iris and their "connection" and about Barry missing his mum. I mean, yeah its a cute story but the speed-force isn't his mum and I don't think Iris is right about having the speed-force around at their house so Barry feels connected to his mum. That will obviously backfire - as we see in the preview for next week.

Oh, and before I end, I need to mention that, once again, they defeated the bad guy with words! WTF!! That is getting old real fast! Can we just get some action?! Please?! I guess we will have some with where the Frost story is going and, to be honest, that is the best part about this season so far. But I guess that's it. 

Let me know what you thought of this episode, if you think it was a bit of a filler as well, and I'll talk to you soon.

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment