Pages

Friday, December 16, 2022

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 10 - "Dancing on My Own"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

I'm back with a new The Challenge episode and we are finally figuring out how this whole thing with the teams is playing out. 

I gotta be honest - it wasn't the most exciting thing, starting with the daily challenge, but they threw us a curve ball at the end which I loved! But lets start with the daily challenge.

Going into this episode knowing that it was going to be teams now was pretty exciting! Not only I was super curious to see how things would play out but I also had hope that, even though Moriah's Team looked 'worst', that they could pull out a win and surprise everyone (not me though). Unfortunately, this first challenge as teams was purely based on strenght which, although that is part of The Challenge, we all know it's not just that! Heck, the final is mostly endurance and intellegence which I think Moriah's Team excells at (unlike Fessy's Team which is basically just big people). So, right away, this challenge was rigged. It was pretty obvious that Fessy's Team was going to win, and that was exactly what happened. Some of the matches were interesting and surprising - for example Horacio vs Bananas, in which Horacio won (and I lowkey was rooting for Horacio) and Chauncey vs Jordan which, although Jordan is part of Moriah's Team, I was rooting for Chauncey (I like me some underdogs). And yes, Chauncey did win against Jordan. Apart from that, it was pretty straight forward and obvious and yes, Fessy's Team won. 

Then it was time to find out the new rules of the elimination.

So this week was a Men's elimination (so no more double eliminations from now on) and all four men from Moriah's Team went into Interrogation so Fessy's Team could pick one of them. They're choice was revealed at the actual Elimination, but not as a Team decision. Instead, everyone voted and the player with the most votes went straight into elimination. Of course the only person that has it the worst is the first one to vote because pretty much everyone else after them (in this case it was Fessy) goes with the same vote, and that vote here was Horacio. Obviously, Olivia was the only one that voted differently and went with Kenny. There was a lot of debate on who they should go with - should they go with the easy vote, should they play big and send in someone like Jordan but, obviously, at the end, they went with one of the easiest choices - the rookie that has been winning every single elimination he goes into. And, spoiler alert, he kept on winning. 

But rewinding a bit... So Horacio was Fessy's Team choice and the three remaining went to the draw, in which Devin took the SAFE dagger right away. Again, he sort of had a decision here - save the strongest player and keep the team strong (aka Jordan) or save the weakest player in order to go against him in a possible future elimination (aka Kenny). Devin went with the clear best choice which was the save Jordan. And so, Horacio went against Kenny.

You already know that Horacio won, but it was pretty obvious he was going to win anyway. Kenny was able to catch up to him at the end, but Horacio is just that good and yes, he sent Kenny home. NOT.

That's right, there was a twist - obviously! 

We still don't know all the details, all we know is that Kenny didn't went home and, as long as his Ride or Die (aka Kaycee) stays in the game, he stays as well, and that's pretty much all we know.

My bet is that he's going to a house and every player that gets eliminated goes to that house as well and, if their Ride or Die manages to stay in the game until the end, then it will be revealed that they were still in the game this whole time and the Final will probably be pairs again - the original Ride or Dies. That's just my prediction. Either way, this changes things a lot and I'm super curious to see who's able to stay in the game. Also, I'm happy that Kenny isn't really gone because, just like TJ said, he's a sweetheart and I want to see more of him (plus, it would be super cute to see him and Kaycee in a final). 

Well, that's it for this episode. Next episode is going to be Trivia and I'm so excited for that! Moriah's Team does have a chance in this one and I'm confident they will pull out the W. Besides that, just more drama between Tori, Jordan and Nurys... Honestly, this is getting old but we'll see what this brings... That's it from me.

Let me know your thoughts on this episode - Did you like the twist? Who were you rooting for in the elimination? Tell me everything in the comments and I'll talk to you in my next rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment