Pages

Monday, December 26, 2022

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 11 - "Nelly: Ride (or Die) Wit Me"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people and Happy Holidays!

I know I'm late with this rant but you know... Birthdays and Christmas and all sorts of Holidays so... I think you can understand. Either way, I'm finally here to talk to you about this episode and, unfortunately, I did come accross some spoilers so most of the episode wasn't a surprise to me... Still, I had so much fun with the Trivia challenge and that elimination was quite something, so let's get to it!

Now more than ever, I could totally see all the hints at who was going into elimination and who was going home when it came to the beginning of the episode. I knew before hand that Amber and Nurys were going into elimination and they both really were the focus of all the 'drama' in this episode... Them and Toria and Jordan, once again! Actually, before I get into the daily challenge, I need to talk about this whole situation with Toria and Jordan... It's really getting old at this point! I get it... Their relationship was a huge thing and I get that Tori is hurt and all their feelings are valid, but it's getting pretty annoying. And I feel like the producers really are trying to capitilize on this whole situation as much as possible... But enough is enough!

Anyway, now that I got this out of my chest, let's talk about the Trivia challenge!

Trivia is always fun! This time they added something even more exciting with them stuck to spinning wheels, which made for some really interesting shots and a crazy editing - but that worked really well! And when it comes to the actual questions, I liked that they went with mostly questions about Ride or Dies. However, they also added some math and spelling questions and that's not exactly trivia, which isn't fair for how it ended because both teams where tied (Team Moriah was loosing for a long time but they were able to pull through) and then Bananas got a math question and... He got it right. And once again, Team Fessy won... Obviously I already knew this, given that Amber and Nurys were going into elimination their Team had to loose.

Then elimination was a no brainer, honestly and for me there was no anticipation. Their plan worked - they sent in Nurys as the direct vote and they basically made Moriah make a deal with Nany in order to save her and Amber basically had the same deal with Nany so... Team Fessy was trying to save Nany, that was about it. However, Nany wasn't the one to take out the SAFE dagger, but Moriah was, and so their plan worked no matter what.

Now for the exciting elimination - a new version of a Pole Wrestle and given the fact that Amber and Nurys have a similar shape, it was a really ballanced match. And I honestly didn't know who I was rooting for. I feel like Nurys is really strong and I've been liking her this season, but they always underestimade Amber and keep sending her over and over again so I sort of wanted her to win as well. I guess deep down I was rooting for Nurys the most, mainly because she's a rookie and she was the direct vote, so they really didn't want her back, but... Amber ended up wining and I was fine with that as well.

Of course, with the twist that she can still come back into the game if Nelson manages to stay, there's always hope she comes back which, honestly, I think might happen... I still have that feeling that, because Nelson and Nurys are like the main team on the cover for this season that, at least, they will get to the final, therefore, Nelson stays till the end and Nurys will come back. I have that feeling.

But that's pretty much it from me for this episode. Next one will be a water challenge and there will be more Tori/Jordan drama, unfortunately.

Let me know your thoughts on this episode and I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment