Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2016

The Vampire Diaries | Season 7 Episode 16 - "Days of Future Past"


Spoiler Alert!

WOW! So, after about a month TVD is finally back again!
I have to say that I was pretty curious about this episode because of how the last one ended. We knew that from now on we were going to just say what happens in 3 years time (which is now the Present time). I just didn't know that we also have flashbacks now, from 3 years ago (basically what happened before what's happening now).
We also knew, from the previews, that Damon was going to offer himself to get Stefan's scar transferred to him and that's exactly what happens.
I guess I should just say, before I get more into the rant, that the episode was pretty confusing and I might have some things messed up in my head so, just a warning that some things that I mention might not be 100% right. 
Anyways so, after Rayna traps Stefan and we find out that Damon wants Stefan's scar, Stefan actually get out, with a pretty smart plan, actually! We runs away and takes Rayna's sword with him. Rayna goes after him and the sword, obviously, and I think she actually does care about him. I mean, I feel like she does believe he doesn't deserve the scar and so she keeps calling him to just get an agreement. 
Of course Stefan doesn't agree and just keeps runing and, to buy him more time, he just leaves the sword somewhere else and keeps runing.
Something that we also see in this episode and that I quite enjoyed but I know a lot of people didn't, was the relationship between Stefan and Valerie. We do know that they are together as a couple but in this episode we find out how they got to get togehter in a romantic way. Basically, after Damon locked himself in that coffin Stefan didn't have anywhere else or anyone else to go to so he and Valerie just kind of 'teamed up' and just kept running and travelling around the world, both just running away from Rayna and trying to find out a way to take the scar out of Stefan.
We late find out that Valerie knew all along about the fact that the scar could be transfered to someone else, but she didn't say anything because it could only be to a blood relative and Stefan was so much better without Damon so she doesn't said anything.
I have to be honest with you, I don't 100% ship Steferie (?) but I ship it more than Steroline. I don't care what most people will say, I just prefer Stefan with Valerie and I do think they look kind of cute together.
Meanwhile, The Armory is also after Rayna and after Enzo.
As I said before, everything is a bit confusing, a lot happened that we don't know yet.
But, from what I understood (or think I understood), The Armory got Rayna and had her locked up during that 3 years time but someone got her out of there. Everyone thinks it's Enzo who did it, but we later find out that it was actually Matt. Also, Enzo run out of the Armory as well and took a bunch of magical pills (that I don't really know what they are for, I remember something about hidding someone or something) that we also find out that were for Bonnie (Bonenzo!).
So in order to get Enzo back, the girl who runs the Armory and which is actually Enzo's relative, kepts Nora and Mary Lou locked in there. 
Let's just say that Mary Lou is basically dying so they blackmail Nora saying that if she gets Enzo back, she will tell everything about the pills (the magical pills) that Mary Lou was taking and that were making her sick.
Nore almost gets Enzo but they decided to make an exchange with The Armory and so they decide a place where everyone, and when I say everyone I mean, Stefan, Rayna, Damon, Valerie, Enzo, Nora, Mary Lou and the Armory girl, wil be so Nora gets Mary Lou and the Armory gets Rayna and it's just a huge plan that it's pretty difficult to explain.
The actually end up all at the same place but not at the same time. The First ones to get there are actually Stefan and Rayna. Let's just say that Rayna ends up 'killing' Stefan and so he's back inside the Phoenix stone again.
The next ones to get there are Enzo, Nora, Mary Lou and the Armory girl. Nora gets Mary Lou back but Rayna sees them and throws her sword at them. They try to excape but the sword hits Nora and so she gets a scar, which means she's marked and Rayna will be after her. Also, the sword gets inside the car that they were drive to try and get away. Since Mary Lou was already dying and Nora didn't want to live the rest of her life running from Rayna, they decide to take the sword and the phoenix stone's magic and... They just end up dying. 
I never thought they death would make me so sad until the moment that it actually happened in this episode. I even cried! I'm going to miss them both so much!
Meanwhile, Valerie were trying to transfer Stefan's scar into Damon (before Stefan got killed) and that's when Valerie feels that Stefan doesn't have the scar anymore (because he's already dead). They arrive at the place that Stefan was and they see him laying (dead) on the ground, and  that's the end of the episode.
Overall, it was a good episode, but a little bit too confusing. It was also pretty sad because of all the Nora/Mary Lou thing, and because of her death in the end. And, I'm just not that sad about Stefan because we know that he's going to come back somehow, afterall, he's one of the main character and now, with no Nina, they wouldn't kill Stefan or Damon, so I'm just curious to know how are they getting him back again, since there's no phoeniz stone anymore.
Anyways, I guess that's enough for this rant because it is pretty long already! Let me know your thoughts in the comments and if I did get something wrong, please tell me.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment