Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Arrow | Season 4 Episode 18 - "Eleven-Fifty-Nine"


Spoiler Alert!

Omg! I just can't believe this episode happened! Seriously, must be Arrow's saddest episode. I'm still crying about it, and I already knew what's going to happen before I watched it!
Ok, so... First of all, I know I'm super late with this rant but I've been so busy with uni work that I just didn't have time to watch the episode, unfortunately, because I feel like it would have a much bigger impact on me if I didn't wait this long to watch it. The truth is, besides already seen photos of the episode when they were shooting it (in which we could see clearly that it was Laurel's name in the grave), there was so much spoilers about that episode on the internet. The first thing that I saw when I logged into my facebook account the day after the episode aired was photos of Laurel dying so... I feel like this episode wasn't that 'emotional' because I've already seen a lot of spoilers. Still, I cried, so it was pretty emotional anyways.
Now, getting more into the actual rant... The episode was basically all about Laurel, really. The fact that I already knew who was going to die before watching the episode, made me realize that it was pretty obvious to know who was going to die. If you see the episode closely, you see that everything was about Laurel, when she isn't that much in the picture in other episodes. Either her or Andy, but since the producers have already said that it was going to me one of the main characters... It had to be Laurel.
Anyways... The episode starts with Andy saying to Team Arrow about Malcolm's plan, in which they go after that 'lead' that Andy tells them, just to find out later that it was just a distraction and Malcolm actually went to the Arrow cave, while Thea and Laurel were there, and stole Darhk's idol (to give it to him, I might add).
They try to track Malcolm again and, again, they follow a lead given by Andy. I should also say that, by this time, Oliver already senses something about Andy. He doesn't believe that he changed and thinks he's still working for H.I.V.E. 
It ends up to be another trap so Andy can find out about the missing piece from the idol. 
Malcolm gives Darhk the idol but it still isn't complete, so Darhk demands Malcolm to find that missing piece or so Malcolm and Thea will have 'problems'.
After all those traps, Diggle ends up telling Andy that it was himself who hid the missing piece from the idol, not knowing that Andy have been following him all this time and that he just needed to know if it was really him who hid the piece. 
Well, by that, we can already assume that Andy found the piece and... that's right.
After Darhk manages to take hostage the guards inside Iron Heights, as well and get free all the other prisioners, Team Arrow goes there to stop everything and... that's when everything goes down.
Everyone finds out about Andy still working for Darhk, Darhk gets the final piece of the idol and, consecutively, gets his magic back and... well... Darhk ends up stabbing Laurel with an arrow, saying that he made a promise to her father that, if he betrayed him, she would die... And that's what happened.
She is taken to the hospital, she has surgery and everything seems 'fine' but... at 11:59 she just dies.
I might say that what made me really sad wasn't really the fact that she died, but all the 'goodbyes' and, mostly, the non-goodbyes, because Captain Lance never got to tell her 'goodbye' or even tell her anything before she dies, which is so sad!
And they just ended it like that... Lance arriving to the hospital and seeing Oliver and just realizing that his daughter had just died.
It was a really really sad ending!
I seriously don't know what else to say so I'll just wait for what you guys have to say. Tell me all your thoughts about this episode! Also, let me know if it was Laurel the one you guyes thought was going to die, because for a long time I thought it was going to be Diggle.
Anyways, see you (I think) next week with a new Arrow rant and Saturday with a new TVD rant.
Love,
Daniela.



No comments:

Post a Comment