Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

Containment | Season 1 Episode 1 - "Pilot"



Spoiler Alert!

Two days ago it was finally the premiere of Containment!
I've been waiting for this show for about an year and I can't believe it finally aired! And, obviously, I had to rant about because Chris Wood!
So, what I'm really here for...
I guess all of you already know what the show is about and this episode was basically just to get to know the story a little more and to get introduced to each character.
Basically a virus starts spreading in Atlanta and they have to put the city in quarantine, which causes a lot of problems. Not just the people inside the cordon are exposed to the virus and may be contaminated but also they end up apart from their loved ones.
One of the main characters in the series is Lex, portrayed by David Gyasi, who is the major from the Atlanta PD and ends up being the face of all of this, trying to keep the population 'calm'.
Lex is dating Jana (Christina Moses) who might probably be my favourite character so far in the series, as surprising as it sounds, because you might've think that Jake, Chris Wood's character, would be my favourite but, the truth is, his character is a little bit of a douche... Sometimes I get him and sometimes I don't... By the end of the episode I started liking him more and I can see a great development of his character so, I'm excited about that!
Anyways... Jana used to be Jake's girlfriend and now she's Lex's... Lex and Jake are best friends and work together at the Atlanta PD... It is kind of weird all of this, to be honest, but they seem to get all along well so... Let's see where this goes... Mostly, since both Jake and Jana are inside the cordon while Lex is outside... It's going to be intriguing, for sure!
Also inside the cordon is (probably) the character that I hate the most, Teresa, who is actually portraited by Chris Wood's real girlfriend, Hanna Mangan Lawrence. You might think that I just don't like her because she's Chris' girlfriend but I just find her character really annoying and I'm not even a litte bit excited for her storyline.
On the other hand, we have Katie, portraited by Kristen Gutoskie, who is a school teacher and is also inside the cordon and who is going to be Jake's love interest. 
When I saw the previews I really didn't like her character and I didn't ship them, but after this first episode I changed my mind. I actually think they look pretty cute and, since Jake is such a 'deep' character, I think it's going to be fun/exciting to see how they end up together, as well as their dynamic.
And, because there had to be someone looking for a cure, we have Dr. Victor Cannerts (George Young). I was kind of excited bout him but, to be honest, I didn't really like his character. Maybe it will get better but I just didn't find him 'exciting'... Let's see..
The last main character is Dr. Sabine Lommers (Claudia Black) who is outside the cordon, alongside with Lex and who is basically in charge of all of this. 
We didn't get to see more about everything because it is just the first episode, but I feel like this is going to be a good show and I'm actually really excited to see how all of this turns out. I'm kind of surprised that this series is on The CW but I'm glad that they created it, because it seems really different and exciting. I just have an issue... I don't see the series having more than 1 Season. They might come up with something else for Season 2 and 3 but... I just can't see it right now. Apart from that, great show, with great characters and actors so, I'm going to be waiting for a new episode every week and, of course, expect a new rant ever week as well.
So, yeah, this is my first thoughts in this new series. Let me know in the comments your thoughts. Who's your favourite character? Which are your thoughts on Chris Wood with this new character? Let me know everything! I'll see you just on Monday with a new TVD rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment