Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Containment | Season 1 Episode 2 - "I to Die, You to Live"


Spoiler Alert!

This series is just on episode 2 and it is already so intense!
Yeah, that's right guys, a new episode of Containment aired last night and it was as exciting/intense as the last one.
This series is so different to what I use to watch that I kind of feel 'weird' watching it, and maybe that's the reason I'm liking it so much! That, and Chris Wood, obviously!
So, in this episode they find out that a girl that was in contact with one of the family members of pacient zero is 'missing'. She isn't in quarenteen and so the episode is basically all about trying to find her. 
Luckly, she is inside the cordon, which is a little bit of a relief. The down side is that she went around the town and we don't know who she was in contact with. A lot of other people, people that she was in contact with, end up getting in quarenteen, because they are obviously infected, in which, one of those people is one of Teresa's friend, who have been with her a few hours before, which means, Teresa is probably infected as well.
And, of course, I had to mention this because it is ensential to the story, they couldn't have find out about all of this without Jake's help (Chris Wood). I kind of feel bad about him, to be honest. He's basically the only cop inside the cordon, so he must feel really alone and lost, apart from still being extremely mad at Lex for 'trapping' him inside the Cordon. 
I have to be honest with you guys, I still don't understand Jake 100%, which I guess is a good thing, since they've always said that Jake is a good guy, he just have some trouble showing it off, which we kind of see in the end of the episode, when he's so mad at Lex and all this situation that he punches a wall and, a little bit later, when he's talking to Katie saying that he's going somewhere else and she might stay in the hospital because she doesn't have anywhere else to go plus, she has a lot of kids with her that have their parents outside the cordon and, in that moment (well, a few minutes later) he decides to stay in the hospital with her to help her with the kids and such. (I hope you understood all this, because it seems a little bit confusing.) But, apart from all this, I'm loving the fact that he does have a lot of screen time, because I really missed seeing Chris Wood on my TV.
Besides all this, then there's Jana, who finds out that her friend Suzy is also trapped inside the Cordon, alongside with two other guys, and so they have to share the food they have in their work place and, basically, manage to stay alive during the 48 hours that the Cordon is up. 
Unfortunatelly (or not) we find out that, because of that girl that I talked in the beggining of the rant, they are going to keep the Cordon up for indetermined time. Basically, until everything is cleared out, which is going to end up in what we saw in the beggining of last week's episode.
And, well, that was basically it.
Not much happened but, at the same time, a lot happened. 
I enjoyed the episode and I'm really enjoying the series. I really can't wait to know how all of this is going to end, as well as how all of this started like, why is this all happening.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to check out the blog next week for a new rant.
Love,
Daniela

No comments:

Post a Comment