Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Shadowhunters | Season 1 Episode 13 - "Morning Star"


Spoiler Alert!

I can't believe this season has already come to an end! And what a ride it was! Starting with not even knowing if I should start doing the rants, going to not really feeling the show and, finally, completely falling in love with the story and the characters that it is almost an obsession!
It really was an incredible ride and, even though I'm not happy that the season is over and that I'm not thrilled with how it ended, it wasn't the worst scenario and it was, overall, a nice way to end.
I was so excited about this Finale that I even live tweeted for the first time with this show! I don't usually do because it airs on a Tuesday and, here in Portugal, at 2am, and I have classes in the morning the next day but, this time, I was that excited that I just didn't care and live tweeted anyway! And it was so good! I wish I could do it more often! Anyways...
So, the main to 'stories' in this episode were getting to Valentine (obviously) and waking up Jocelyn.
The episode starts with the Shadowhunters Team finding out about Hodge and going after him. Unfortunately, when they get to him, he has already give the Mortal Cup to Valentine. 
One of my favourite parts of the episode was right at the beggining when Jace and Hodge fight! It was a pretty cool fight and I was so shocked when Jace cut Hodge's hand off! Omg...!
After that fight, Jace ends up putting Hodge's ring and talks to Valentine. 
I felt like in this episode Jace was really lost and, because of that, he just went after Valentine all by himself. I mean, with Hodge but we already saw that Hodge is a taitor and we can't trust him so he was basically all by himself.
Meanwhile, the rest of the Shadowhunters team keeps after The Book Of The White so, to get it, they have to get to Camille so they head to Hotel DuMort. Obviously, Raphael doesn't want to wake up Camille so they come up with a plan and so while Izzy distracts Raphael, Simon and Clary go wake up Camille. 
They do wake up Camille but, again, she wasn't just going to tell them where the book was. Instead, she says that she will tell them if Simon signs a contract saying that he wanted to be a Vampire.
At first I didn't really like that idea but I don't hate (at all) Vampire Simon so... It was kind of Ok.
Camille leads them to her apartment and that's when things go down. She doesn't really know where the book is so the Team has to search for it in the million books that she has.
Also, something that I really liked in this last couple of scenes (where Camille was) was the tension between Camille, Magnus and Alec. It was nice to see Alec kind of being jelous. I say kind of because we know that Alec isn't really a guy to show off his feelings so it was a little bit hard to tell if he was jelous but... I guess he was. And then just seeing Magnus apolagizing... It was so damn cute! You can see me obsessing over another ship.
Anyways... Clary finds the book and that's when Valentine shows up and... Jace agrees to leave with him so he won't hurt Clary, Alec, Izzy and the rest of the Team.
I guess this was supposed to be the 'high' moment of the episode but, to be honest, I was already expecting that. For me, it wasn't really a shock or a surprise. For me, the hight moment of the episode (besides Malec, obviously) was the very last scene!
So, after Valentine leaves with Jace, the rest of the team get back to the institute, with the book, and their mission now is to wake Jocelyn. With Magnus help (seriously, what would they do without Magnus?), well, it was basically just Magnus but yeah. He casts the spell and...
Jocelyn wakes up!
I was seriously doubting the fact that she would wake up but, she did and, for me, that was the 'high' moment of the episode.
Next, all we see is Valentine with Jace, in a ship, saying to all the 'shadowhunters' in his 'team' that they were going to, basically, 'rule the world'. 
And, yeah, that's it, that's how the episode ends.
In my opinion, it wasn't the best episode of the season, for me, the episode in that spot is still the 'Malec' episode but, this one wasn't that bad either. 
I wish it was more 'surprising'... I mean, maybe it was surprising for other people, but it just wasn't for me. That's the only major thing I would change in this episode. Besides that, I really liked the rest, all the tension between Camille, Magnus and Alec, the little Sizzy moments, the fight scenes... Everything else was great!
So, tell me your thoughts in the comments! Were you expecting this end? Was it surprising for you? Did you like how the season end? Let me know everything and, I'll see you, with a Shadowhunters post, when the next season starts.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment