Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

The Vampire Diaries | Season 7 Episode 19 - "Somebody That I Used to Know"


Spoiler Alert!

First of all, I wanna say sorry for posting this so late. I do have an excuse, I was on holidays, out of the country, and I couldn't watch the episode when it aired and when I got back, I had some uni work to catch up on so, this had to get a little left behind.
Anyway, enough of 'excuses' and let's talk about the reason why you started reading this, TVD's new episode.
I think I should start by saying how amazing this episode was! Basically, it was all about Bonenzo (even though they're not the ones I chose to put in the banner). I've been waiting for this episode for ages and when it 'arrived' I had to miss the airing... Anyway, it finally arrived and it was the cutest thing ever! I already shipped Bonnie and Enzo but, after this episode, I ship them even harder.
This episode, besides being a lot about Bonenzo, was also about trying to save Bonnie, since she's getting worse and worse every day.
So, to help Bonnie, they (try) make a deal with Rayna, they help her kill all the vampires that got out of the Phoenix stone and, in exchange, she gives Bonnie her last EverLasting life. She doesn't want to at first, afterall, you can't really trust Damon (and Enzo), but after seeing that they could actually kill the vampires, and after getting sick of all of them being in her head, she agrees. Unfortunatelly, and this is the very end of the episode, she comes up with 100+ more names of vampires to kill, and they only have about a week, or less, to kill all of them, because that's the time that Bonnie has left.
And now, on to the other half of the episode, which is the one that I liked the most, Bonenzo!
We find out in this episode how they got together as a couple. We see a lot of Bonnie's (and Enzo's) flashbacks. We see how Enzo saved Bonnie in the first place from getting 'captured' by the Armory, how he kept her save in a house in the woods that he has (which let us finally know where Enzo has been living all this time) and, finally, how they ended up falling in love and getting together. My favourite scene was, for sure, the New Years Eve scene, which was so cute! 
Apart from that, we also saw a lot o cute moments from the present day, and that last scene, where they're on the couch, Enzo with his head on Bonnies lap and playing the guitar was so cute! Seriously, this episode was full of cuteness so, congrats to Chris Grismer who directed this episode and to Matthew D'Ambrosio and Holly Brix who wrote it!
Well, apart from that, we also see Bonnie still mad at Damon, which I quite enjoyed and, we also see Stefan going to Caroline and Alaric's house to talk to Caroline. We know that Caroline isn't there and he ends up talking to Alaric. They also end up helping Damon, Enzo and Bonnie kill all those vampires, which makes the gang almost all together again. Unfortunatelly, it's just working together, because they're basically all mad at each other, Bonnie is mad at Damon, Stefan is mad at Damon, Alaric is mad at Stefan and, yeah... 
Oh, but a little bit before the episode ends... We see Caroline again! 
Caroline is back but she's also mad at Stefan so... They're still all mad at each other.
And, after this episode, there's just two things that I really wanna know and I really hope we find out soon, what happened to Stefan afterall, because we know that he was with Valerie all those years but we still don't know why he never got back to Caroline, and also, what happened for him to kill Matt's girlfriend (or whatever she was), because I'm sure it was Stefan who killed her, otherwise, why would Matt be mad at Stefan?
Anyway, I forgot to mention (and this is something that I really want to know too) is that we discorved a little bit more about the volt that The Armory wants Bonnie to open. We found out that it's another of Alex's sisters that it's inside the volt, and she wants to 'free' her but, after all this time, she should've be dead, and that's what Enzo says, in which Alex answeres saying that something inside the volt kept her alive so, I want to know what is that 'thing' that's inside the volt.
And yeah, this are all my thoughts about this episode!
There's only 3 episodes left so, I hope I get answers to all this questions in this three next episodes!
Overall, it was a great episode, mostly because of Bonenzo, obviously!
Let me know which are your thoughts about this episode! Are you also a Bonenzo shipper? What do you think about the fact that Bonnie is still mad at Damon? Do you want them to be friends again or do you like their relationship now? Let me know everything in the comments and expect the usual rant, this week, on Saturday (as well as live tweeting).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment