Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2022

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 9 - "Split Decision"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!

Back (on time this time) with a new The Challenge rant and there's so much to talk about so let's jump straight to it!

First of all, this episode felt long! Multiple times I was afraid we weren't going to get the 'full' episode, elimination and all, and we didn't have it, if we really think about it, but we had what they promised for this episode. I'm just going to get stright to it - things switched up and now we don't have pairs anymore, now we have Teams! I guess I should have seen that coming because the beginning, when they usually hint at who's winning the daily challenge and who goes into elimination, they focused on all pairs! It was still pretty obvious that Fessy and Moriah were going to win the daily challenge, which was exactly what happened, but they talked about the bond between every single Ride or Die and I should have suspected.

When it comes to the actual daily challenge, this was a mini final, and those are always interesting. I still can't believe that Fessy and Moriah won and that, if they didn't, the win was mostly going to go to Nelson and Nurys again, which is so surprising. It was also really surprising that Bananas and Nany were last when Fessy won... Also on that, they usually let everyone end the challenge but not this time - as soon as Fessy and Moriah crossed the finish line they stopped everyone else... I guess they really didn't care for everyone else because it was all up to the winners - who were going to get a lot of power in the game. I was really afraid that that power was going to be sending someone home straight away and that someone would most likely be Bananas. Thank got it wasn't! It was, as I said, being the Team captains and picking their Teams. Obviously this wasn't going to go that well for Moriah - not only Fessy knows these people best but he's also a snake and, guess what?! Yes, he tried to manipulate Moriah and that was so shady!

This whole Teams thing, although defeating the purpose and the name of this season - Ride or Dies - is somehting really interesting and a twist that we sort of needed. I felt like everyone was getting really comfortable with their ride or dies and this is going to switch things up - a lot!

So, now, for the actual teams... I guess Fessy got his way - that's the team in the banner of this post - and he got the 'most experienced players'. Oh, I completely forgot to mention that the pairs had to split up so the ride or dies couldn't be in the same team, which made everything more difficult. Fessy got to pick first and he picked Kaycee right away, which was fine...Moriah got Kenny and I actually don't mind that. We haven't really seen much from him so he can still surprise everyone. Then, the moment of truth - Moriah had to pick a guy and the whole discussion they had previously in the Interrogation was that Moriah wanted Jordan but she wanted Bananas as well and of course Fessy wouldn't let her have that - she could only have one or the other and, believe it or not, even though she has been hooking up with Bananas, she picked Jordan! People say that's because no one really wanted Aneesa but, honestly, I would pick Aneesa over Jordan... Jordan is too full of himself and Aneesa is more loyal and supportive. And, obviously, I would pick Bananas, no questions asked. 

At the end of the day, the teams turned out like this: Team Fessy - Bananas, Aneesa, Olivia, Kaycee, Nelson, Tori and Chauncey; Team Moriah - Nany, Jordan, Horacio, Kenny, Nurys, Devin and Amber.

In my opinion, even though it looks like Fessy has the better team, they are all 'big dogs' which means they could have some communication problems, and because of that, I think Moriah's team is better and I am obviously rooting for her team. The only person that I like that's on Fessy's Team is Bananas, apart from that, I like Horacio, Nurys, Devin and Amber. If I had to make a team, I would basically pick almost all of Moriah's picks - Horacio, Kenny, Nurys, Devin and Amber - I would just switch Nany and Jordan - I would rather have Bananas and Aneesa - that would be a stacked team with a bit of everything. Still, Team Moriah all the way!

So, this episode had a lot happening so I'm curious to know all your thoughts on it. Do you like the switch from pairs to teams? Which Team are you rooting for? If you had to make a team, who would you pick for your team? Let me know everything and I'll talk to you in my next rant!

Love,
Daniela. 

No comments:

Post a Comment