Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 8 - "Born to Ride or Die"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello yall!

I know, I know... late once again. I can't really do much about it. Life has been crazy and I do what I can. But let's not waist any time and get into this 'awful' episode.

Honestly, this episode left me really mad. Mainly because of the ending, but even the daily challenge annoyed me a little bit... So let's talk about that.

The daily challenge looked really good in the trailer. Well, it was indeed challenging for the guys. This really felt like a one-sided challenge and one to make certain teams win. All the girls had to do was sit on top of a car... While the guys had all the work and had to jump on top of moving cars. It did look bad-ass and super cool, but it's all up to the guys, if we're being honest, and in this case, the teams didn't really matter, in my opinion. With saying that, I was happy that all my favourite teams (or should I say my favourite guys) did pretty well, with Jay and Michele being one of the best ones. Unfortunately, Jordan and Aneesa did it faster and so they were the winning team.

With everything that happened, the deliberation was pretty simple - Jay/Michele, Nelson/Nurys, Fessy/Moriah and Olivia/Horacio (the later being the hardest for them to vote in but they couldn't really pick anyone else - it was an easy vote). 

Well, needless to say that they picked Jay and Michele and the direct to elimination, right?! Which I understood, that wasn't the problem... The problem was what happened next (but let's talk about the draw first).

The draw was another intense moment, with the possibility of Nelson having to choose between his girlfriend and his friend (Fessy). Obviously, that was exactly what ended up happening, and it was indeed an intense moment. And once again, Nelson just showed how bad he is at playing the actual game, because he decided to save Fessy, which is so damn dumb! Not only they had all that history of fighting and trying to be friends again but, overall, Fessy is more of a threat to him, in my opinion. Also, I just thought Fessy was easier for Jay to go against and beat him... 

Anyway... So Olivia and Horacio go into elimination once again, and this is where things get pretty bad and I get so angry at the whole thing.

Obviously the whole house (except for Devin, props to him) wanted Jay gone and Olivia to stay, so they all helped Olivia and Horacio. I mean, they didn't exactly help them, more like kept Jay and Michele from winning because this elimination was all about comunication and, because everyone was shouting, Jay and Michele couldn't hear each other, and that just made me so mad! I never liked the fact that people watching could help who was in the elimination... People say 'it's part of the game' but these eliminations should be about the players that go into elimination, to actually show how good they are and if people keep helping (or distracting) them, you can't really say they 'earn their stay in the game' as they say and this elimination just solidified my hate for this whole thing. Also, that's why I prefer physical challenges - because who's watching can't really help so...

As you can tell, Jay and Michele did loose and I was so sad and so mad at this whole thing... Jay was the one that I wanted to win the most... And, although Bananas has always been my favourite, I kind of agree that I would like to see someone else (aka Jay) win... So, because Jay can't win anymore, I guess I hope now Devin or actually Olivia and Horacio win the whole challenge. I know they sent Jay and Michele home, but it wasn't exactly 'their fault' and they have always played an honest game so either team I would love to win. I mean, if Bananas ends up winning (which I highly believe he will) I will be happy as well, but I have to be honest and say that he sort of pissed me off in this episode (him and Jordan).

So, these are my thoughts on the latest Challenge episode. I know there's one coming out tomorrow and I hope I review it either tomorrow or today but we'll see. In the meantime, let me know your thoughts on this episode and tell me, who are you rooting for? Let me know everything in the comments and I'll see you, hopefully, tomorrow.

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment