Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 22 - "You Have Saved This City"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everybody!
Wow!
First of all, I know I'm a bit late with this rant. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the episode live and only a few minutes ago I was able to actually watch it. I'm really sad that I didn't get to watch it live and live tweet but, at the same time, I feel like this way I could appreciate it and analyze it even better and, the truth is, this really surprised me! In a good way! (Prepare yourselves because this is going to be a lot of me rambling and maybe not even a bit of the actual events but, anyway).
I have to say, I didn't have much hopes for this season finale. After the last couple of episodes, it felt like there was nothing really to be excited about and everything was really predictable. Oh boy, how I was wrong! Most of this episode really felt like a goodbye to Emily Bett Rickards, which it actually was and, if you've read my last rant, you know that Felicity's send off was something that I was really curious about. Not really the 'present day' send off, because that was obvious - she was going away to raise Mia - but the future Felicity send off was what was intriguing me and I have to say - they did an amazing job with that! But let's try go through everything from the beginning.
The beginning was more of the same, to be honest. At this point, I was so tired of Emiko that I really couldn't care less. Long story short, there was this whole thing that Emiko wanted to detonate some virus to not only kill Oliver but also everyone in the city. There's a whole fight between Emiko and Oliver, which was really cool by the way, the whole directing of this episode was really good, and then... That's when the Ninth Circle has enough of it and basically turns on Emiko, killing her in the end. Like I said, at this point, I couldn't really care about Emiko so... that was fine by me. However, this whole thing made me thing that the Ninth Circle were going to be the villains of the very short next season but, after the ending, I'm not sure about that. Also, I need to point out that this whole thing with Emiko felt really rushed. It felt like they just wanted to get onto the Felicity farewell which I can't really blame them because that was the best part of the episode, even if it was really emotional. However, there was a good thing about the first part of the episode - Curtis being back! I never thought they would bring him back for this last episode so... it was nice! Laurel was also back but I feel like she just wasn't in the last two episodes so... I didn't really care about that. Oh, Ben Turner also helped the team so we now kinda know how Diggle adopted his son.
And then, after the whole thing with Emiko, that's when the good stuff starts.
We see a whole lot of goodbyes not only to Curtis, Laurel and Roy, but also Felicity and Oliver, that decide to get away for the safety of their family, since the Ninth Circle must be haunting them. This was also surprising because I always thought Felicity was going away alone but turns out, Oliver when with her and not only that but they basically lived an year in the hideout because we then see footage of Felicity giving birth and a few more stuff with Mia as a baby, and with Oliver in the picture. And then, that's when the ball drops - the Monitor appears demanding Oliver to hold up his part of the deal. This was so surprising! We've always known that Oliver was going to die in the next crossover but having this in this Season Finale, and with the Monitor actually saying that Oliver is going to die... Wow! That changes everything!
That last part is what left me really curious because, like I said, I thought the Ninth Circle would be the villains but now I wonder if next season is going to be Oliver with the Monitor dealing with stuff until they have to call everyone of help. I don't know, I just know that this left me really curious and speechless and I have no idea where the next season is going.
To finish this rant I have to mention the flash-forwards which weren't nothing special, to be honest. They got rid of the problem and then, in the end, part of the Team - Roy, Dinah and Felicity - decided to leave and hand the batch to the new Team of superheroes. I liked the fact though that William asked Roy about how he got to the island and he said that was a long story so... I hope we get an answer to that. And then, the final thing - Felicity says goodbye to William and Mia and then we see her going to the Monitor saying she's ready to be reunited with Oliver and... they go through a portal and that's it.
I have to say, this is the best ending they could've done with Emily leaving and with Oliver dying in the crossover. After all this time, they are going to be together in the end, and that's enough for me.
This really felt like a Series Finale and it's only a Season Finale so... I can't even imagine what they're going to do for the Series Finale - I'm going to be a mess!
In the end, I loved this! Now, let's see what The Flash brings.
Let me know your thoughts and I'll see you tomorrow.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment