Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 21 - "Living Proof"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Well... It might be a brand new week of rants but... I'm not that happy with how it is starting.
It's really sad to say this at this time (since next episode is the Season Finale) but this episode was pretty boring. I was really excited after last week's episode because, even though I predicted most of what happened, and even though they basically wasted an whole episode just to let us know about Roy's situation, I really enjoyed the whole thing and, unfortunately, that didn't happen in this episode. Yes, there were some nice moments but... There was something about this episode that really put me off. I wanna say that it is mainly Emiko that just doesn't work for me as a villain but maybe it's also the fact that the flash-forwards were back and, if you can remember, last week's episode didn't have any flash-forwards and maybe that's the real issue not only in this episode but in this whole season.
I'm going to step away from this episode just for a minute but I really need to talk about this.
I was one of the people that was enjoying the flash-forwards in the beginning. I thought that it was really clever that they changed the flash-backs, which were one of the things that Arrow was known for, for flash-forwards, and I thought that was really cool. But as soon as they introduced Mia and as soon as we got to know everything, they stopped being cool and exciting. I think most of it is because they kill the suspense in the 'present day' - we already know who lived (and basically who died) so, even if something happens to them in the present, we know everything's going to be fine in the end (or not, depends on the character). So, overall, I think this season was just full of mistakes. It started out pretty great with the introduction of flash-forwards, Oliver in prison but, ever since Oliver got out of prison, everything went downhill and I'm really sad about that because Arrow is my favorite superhero show.
Anyway, now that I vented everything that I had to vent, let's really talk about the episode.
Like I said, I was pretty excited about this episode because everyone's life was at risk (even though we know most of them would survive) and, I don't know, I just know that I was excited about it and the episode even surprised right in the beginning when we saw Tommy. Yes, we knew that it was just a fragment of Oliver's mind or something but, nonetheless, it was a good surprise and something that I really wasn't expecting (since I'm pretty much always up to date with news and stuff). And that was one of the things that saved this episode.
Another thing that was great in this episode, and not trying to be biased, was Roy. Yes, we have Roy in the future but, for some odd reason, having Roy in the present is way better (maybe I just don't like the people he's interacting with in the future *cough*Mia*cough*). Something else that I need to mention (and not trying to be biased again) but I loved the talk between Dinah and Roy. I loved that Dinah haters basically got what they wanted with her saying sorry and everything and, I don't know about you, but I felt something there. Don't get me wrong, I love Thea and Roy but... I don't know, it never really crossed my mind but, after seeing them talking I got some type of vibe and now I really ship Dinah and Roy. And, to be completely fair, we don't know what happened between him and Thea because he's clearly not with her in the future so... He might still have a thing with Dinah?! Please, tell me I'm not the only one! (But maybe if I am, I don't care, I'm going to keep shipping them).
Well, I've talked about everything apart from the central point of this episode which was Oliver coming to his senses and basically not wanting to kill Emiko, which I don't really agree with but I get it. He has been working so hard to not kill again and to screw everything for that b*tch... Yeah... 
Needless to say that Team Arrow is able to save Oliver in time and go after Emiko.
Meanwhile, Felicity and Alena (who is helping her) are confronted by Emiko in the bunker and, only when Felicity reveals that she's pregnant that she 'gives up' and leaves (but not before stealing some stuff).
Post that, Emiko poses as Oliver and attacks the SCPD. Team Arrow go after her and Oliver has the chance to kill her but he decides not to do so and she escapes.
In the flash-forwards we see future Alena who we find out was the one to sell Archer to Galaxy One (not really surprised, we all knew that). William and Rene are also caught by the head of Galaxy One and Galaxy One also finds the rest of the future Team, and that's basically it.
The truth is, either way this ends, I don't really care?! I'm really sad to say this but it's the truth. Emiko doesn't do for as a villain and we know that most of the team is alive in the future so... I'm just curious to know how are they going to write Felicity off because, in the present day, they're probably going to send her away to raise Mia but in the future? I have no idea so, that's basically the only thing that I'm curious about. I hope they surprise me though (let's hope so).
Let me know what you thought and if you are excited for the season finale or if you're like me and don't care that much.
I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment