Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Arrow | Season 8 Episode 7 - "Purgatory"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Welcome to, basically, the last episode of Arrow.
Okay, it's not really the last one but, if you think about it, the next episode is Crisis, and after that is the Pilot for the spin-off about the Canaries and then that is the actual last episode. But the truth is, that last episode might not even have Oliver and I'm not prepared for that. And the overall plot of this episode, and the way it ended, was pretty much a goodbye and that already made me so emotional... I'm seriously not ready for that. So, let's not think about it and focus on this episode (which is already emotional enough).
This whole episode is a comeback to Season 1 and, although that wasn't my favorite season, it was so good to remember how everything start. It was a really good trip down memory lane (as was this whole season, really). So, our heroes wake up in Lian Yu, where Lyla tells them that William has to create a weapon for the Monitor while the plutonium is being transported by Dinah, Rene and Roy to the island.
Right there things start going wrong. Dinah, Rene and Roy are hit by a missile and they all crash in the island, with all of them in one side of the island and the plutonium in the other side of the island. And so, that's when Oliver and the rest of them decide to split up - Oliver and Laurel go get the plutonium while Diggle, Lyla and Connor go get the others, with Mia and William staying in the bunker so William can keep working on that weapon.
Oliver and Laurel do get the plutonium, but they are confronted by Edward Fyers and Billy Wintergreen - former enemies of Oliver. A fight takes place but Edward and Billy escape. Oliver can't just let them go so he tells Laurel to take the plutonium to William, since they have no time to waste, while Oliver goes look for his enemies to take care of them once and for all. That's when he encounters a familiar face - Yao Fei - who joins Oliver on the look for his former enemies. Unfortunately, pretty soon after that, they are caught on a net.
Meanwhile, Diggle's team find a pinned down Roy, whose right arm is pinned. With nothing else to do, they just amputate Roy's arm and everyone gets back to the bunker.
There, the teams reunite and William proceeds to build the weapon, which requires Lyla's DNA. Once she touches it, the Monitor calls out for her and she enters a portal. 
After that, a bunch of goodbyes are exchanging, and that was the part of the episode that got me. Mainly the William and Oliver scene. I know most people liked the Mia and Oliver one, but you all know that I don't care for her so the William and Oliver one did it for me. That one made me really emotional and by the end of the episode I was already crying - when Lyla arrives in her new alias as Harbinger to inform them that the Crisis has begun. And then, they showed the same scene they showed in the end of The Flash - the Nash one.
I'm going to say the same that I said on the The Flash rant - I'm super excited about Crisis, but I'm so not ready. I'm not ready to have Arrow end and to see Oliver (and possibly Barry) die. I still have hope that he won't die. I might be in denial but, until it really happens, I'm going to keep on believing.
Please, tell me what you think. Do you really believe Oliver is going to die by the end of the series? What do you think is going to happen? Tell me everything and I'll see you in my next rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment