Pages

Monday, December 9, 2019

Supergirl | Season 5 Episode 9 - "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys.
The Crisis is here and, to be honest, I don't know how to deal with it.
This was only the first episode and this crisis is already a nightmare. For numerous reasons, really, but let's start with the good stuff.
You might be confused with that banner, since this is the Supergirl episode and the banner says Gotham. Well, the crossover starts with an introduction to what is happening with this crisis while showing a bunch of Earths getting wiped out. That was basically the only really good moment this episode - the beginning. I got so pumped when they showed a glimpse of Titans! In case you don't know, I also watch pretty much all of the DC shows on the DC Universe streaming, Titans being one of them, and I heard rumors that Titans were going to be in the crossover. Well, this isn't really what I wanted but, to be honest, it was enough to get me excited and to leave me happy. If this is the only Titans thing we get in the crossover, I'm fine with it but, of course, I would love to see more of them in it. But my excitement ended there.
This being the Supergirl episode, of course they focused a lot more on the Supergirl characters and all the plot (basically) happened in Earth-38, where Supergirl is from. I mean, I was expecting that, but the thing is, I stopped watching Supergirl like 2 seasons ago (in the Crisis on Earth-X episode. I did watch Elseworlds, but that was it) and so, I wasn't ware of what had been happening with her and, truth be told, nor I cared. I stopped watching the show because I didn't like it anymore (plus, Melissa just annoys me so, there's that) and I would rather have Black Lightning be part of the crossover, with it's proper episode (I know he's going to be in the crossover) than Supergirl but okay, I knew that going into it. But what made it worse was that Mia was also part of the crossover. I didn't know they were going to include the kids from the future (in Arrow) in the crossover and so having Kara and Mia in the same episode?! That was annoying af! And I should prepare myself because I'm sure there's going to be more of that. But yeah, back to the plot.
The Anti-matter is getting to every planet and so Brainy, a character that I didn't know at all, warned Kara and the others of it being directed to Argo (the place where Superman, Lois and their baby are, apparently) and she warns them to leave the planet. Unfortunately, they can only save their baby in a really cute nod to the way Clark was sent to Earth.
Meanwhile on Earth-1, Harbinger (aka Lyla) recruits Barry, Batwoman, Oliver, Mia, Sara Lance and Ray, to fight this crisis, and sends them to Earth-38 as well as rescues Superman and Lois from Argo and also sends them to help Kara save the people from her Earth.
There's so much that goes on into this but basically the Anti-Monitor is the one that is sending all this anti-matter to destroy the universe and, before working on a plan to defeat him, our heroes try to save as many people as they can from Earth-38, working alongside with the DEO and Lena (who, apparently, is not in good terms with Kara nor Alex. Don't ask me why).
After learning that Jonathan (Superman's baby) ended up in Earth-16, Lois, Sara and Brainy leave to get him while the other stay behind to fight the dark forces of the Anti-Monitor.
During all of this, there's a few moments that are kind of important, such as Oliver passing the mantle of Green Arrow to Mia (which I didn't like) and Oliver talking with Barry and learning that Barry is supposed to die as well, leading Oliver to go and argue with the Monitor about the deal that they made in the last crossover. The Monitor basically says that it's a different situation now and that's it.
Then follows the 'usual' fight scenes of our heroes against some shadow demons that, to be honest, looked like dementors from Harry Potter which, if Cisco was there, he would totally point that out and, deeming the battle as lost, the Monitor breaches our heroes off-world. But not before the unthinkable happens! Oliver is the last one to be 'breached' and he 'fights' the Monitor saying that there's still people to save, fighting until his last breath, literally.
The Monitor does breach Oliver to Earth-1 but just in time for him to say his goodbyes. And just like that, Oliver dies. In the first our of the crossover. I still can't believe it. I'm pretty much in denial like, it just can't be possible! I knew that Oliver was going to die eventually, even if I still believed he wouldn't but like that?! It was so anti-climatic and just not the death he deserved! In the first hour of the crossover? Alone? Not even Diggle was there? In the Supergirl episode? I mean, c'mon! I know everyone was expecting him to die in the last hour but at least kill him in the Arrow episode! What the f*ck is this? I don't know what to think. I'm sad, I'm in denial, I'm angry... I just won't believe he's really dead until the crossover is over. There's still 4 more episodes to go and anything can happen. Barry can go back in time, Gideon in the Wave-rider might still be able to help him, I don't know! Something has to happen! This won't be the end of Oliver, Stephen Amell is still credited in the next episodes of the crossover (at least) but it won't be the same if it's just flashbacks or Oliver from another Earth. It has to be our Oliver. 
Anyway, the episode then ends with Nash Wells, now a "pariah"saying that he released the Anti-Monitor and that everything is doomed.
Well, needless to say that I can't wait to watch Part 2 because I just need to know more about Oliver and I just want him back already! Also, next episode is the Batwoman episode and that show I'm watching so it's going to be a lot better! However, I won't be able to live tweet because I watch the show with my sister and she can't watch it live with me so, I'm going to have to wait and watch it later. Hopefully I won't see many spoilers.
Please, let me know what you thought of this first part and tell me you have some theories on how Oliver might come back because I seriously need those! And I'll see you tomorrow with a new rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment