Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 8 - "The Last Temptation of Barry Allen, Pt. 2"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Here we are with a brand new week of rants! Unfortunately, I'm not starting on the best note.
You know I love The Flash and they have been having such a great season but... This last couple of episodes weren't that great, specially this one. I don't know what it was, but it felt like they're just trying to fill in the time to get to the Crisis. At the same time, I feel like they wrapped the Rosso/Bloodwork thing way too quickly. I seriously didn't get it. Personally, I think it would be best if they kept Bloodwork as the villain for the rest of the season (doesn't matter if we have Barry back or not) but I guess they're planning on dealing with Barry's vanishing for the rest of the season (even though I don't think that's going to happen at all so... We'll see).
There's not much I can say about this episode, really. It was mostly Rosso attacking Central City and converting all the citizens into his "Blood Brothers and Sisters". And of course Team Flash had to do something.
Initially Iris and Cisco 'argue' on what they should do, since both have different plans. Iris tries her way to get Barry back to the good side but it doesn't work. Then, Cisco tries the light gun (or whatever it is called) but it doesn't work either. That's when Rosso basically let's them know his plan - taking the Particle Accelerator to spread his blood across all of Central City. As Rosso makes his way inside, Iris and Cisco think about what Barry said and realize that Barry saved them from Rosso and he's fighting inside his mind. That's when they understand Barry's plan.
Using a combination of Rosso's blood, the particle accelerator, and Allegra's powers, Team Flash subvert Rosso's plan and spread a cure to Central City. 
After seeing is plan failing, Rosso turns into  a skull monster, which was quite fun for me. It was creepy and gross and I love horror so... I loved it! However, this didn't make much sense to me. So, everyone else in the city was cured but not Rosso? I might be missing something here but it didn't make sense to me.
Anyway, in the end, Barry is able to distract Rosso and capture him, later sending him to ARGUS. 
The episode ends with the Team spending their last moments together before the Crisis, as wee see a red sky approaching. At the same time, at 7:58, Nash uncovers a wall of symbols before a blinding light pulls him in.
Even though this wasn't my favorite episode of The Flash, I'm still super stoked about Crisis. It's going to be as epic as Avengers: Endgame was! I cannot wait! I'm so damn afraid for the outcome though, but I'm also excited. Oh, and before I end this, where was Ralph in this episode? I mean, I know he was sent somewhere to be protected from Ramsey but... He should be back by the end of this episode... Does this mean that he isn't in the Crisis? Cause I'm going to be mad if that's the case. With so many superheroes there's no way they didn't have a spot for Ralph in the Crisis. I guess we'll see.
Let me know what you thought of the episode and which are your predictions for Crisis. Do you really think that Barry is going to die? Tell me everything and I'll see you soon with an Arrow rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment