Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 8 - "Our Father, Who Aren't in Heaven"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
I'm sorry I'm kind of late with this review. I'm going to be completely honest, I forgot about it on Friday because I was really busy and yesterday I just couldn't post so yeah, I hope you're not too mad with him. Plus, this is the Mid-season finale so it's kind of okay if I don't post it on time. It's kind of a bummer though because I loved this episode! I haven't felt this happy with a Supernatural episode in a long time and I'm really thrilled with how this one turned out.
I think I can say that we got pretty much all that we wanted in this episode - Team Free-Will together, Adam/Michael and, the biggest surprise of all (but not really) Rowena as Queen of Hell! It was an hell of an episode (no pun intended) and I'm pretty excited to talk about it.
The episode starts right away with something that we haven't seen in a while - Dean hopeful and ready to defeat God. And in order to do that Dean starts digging and comes up with something - the Demon Tablet, who he thinks might have some clues on how to lock him up. For that they contact Donatello so he can decode the tablet (again) and tell them what they need to do. Donatello discovers from Metatron's notes that God as a fear that only his favorite knows - Michael. Learning about that, the Winchesters and Castiel travel into Hell where they learn that Rowena has become the new Queen of Hell. I can't say that this was a big surprise because some people theorized that this would happen but still, it has been some episodes since she 'died' so I guess we kind of forget about it so, in a way, it was a surprise. But most of all, it just left me really happy - not only because she's still 'alive' but also because Rowena finally got what she really wanted/deserved, to be a Queen. It was the right thing to happen to her and even herself says that in the episode.
Anyway, Rowena's demons discover that Michael is no longer in Hell and that's when we see Michael sharing control of his body with Adam (or should I say Adam's body). We also see Lilith approaching Michael who instantly kills her after she tries to take him to God. That was kind of a bummer because I was liking this Lilith, but in the end, it's one less 'bad guy' for the boys to worry about.
Well, Lilith wasn't able to take Michael to God but our boys are able to capture him. They attempt to convince him to help them with the assistance of Adam, but the archangel refuses to hear them out. Instead, Castiel shows him God's many betrayals including the war with the Darkness, the alternate reality Michael and the murder of Jack (who I'm still waiting to come back).
Completely disillusioned, Michael reveals that God can be trapped and provides them with the spell to do it. However, of course, there's a catch - the spell requires a flower that only exists in Purgatory and Michael opens a twelve-hour rift so they can go there and get it. Post that, Michael leaves, refusing to help them.
At the same time, another hunter seeks Eileen's help with a vampire case and Sam accompanies her when things go wrong. And, of course, it isn't really a case and it is, instead, a trap set by God. And that's how the episode ends.
As I said before, this was such a good episode! Not only with great moments but with so much plot details and an episode that truly felt like kept the story going. Sometimes you like episodes that the truth is, they don't add anything to the overall plot. Well, this isn't the case and, for once, it looks like we are going somewhere. Of course, things will most likely go wrong in the next episode, with Dean and Cas going to Purgatory and Sam getting trapped by God. This doesn't look good but we'll see.
Let me know what you thought of the episode and now we'll have to wait a month for the next episode. I'll still see you next week with a The Challenge rant so... Until then.
Love,
Daniela. 

No comments:

Post a Comment