Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 9 - "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Part Three of the crossover is here and I have quite a few opinions so, let's get into it.
After really thinking about everything that has happened in the last three episodes, I've came to the conclusion that, so far, this crossover isn't as good as I wanted it to be. By the way, this review will not only have thoughts on this particular episode, but the Crisis overall, from what we've seen so far. That's right, I'm a bit disappointed with what we have seen until now. I was supper stoked about getting all my favorite heroes interaction with each other that I forgot that might be a problem. And what I felt was that they had to include so many heroes and so many Easter eggs that the magic of a crossover, and the overall plot, was lost. Truth be told, I don't even think that had put that much effort into the story as they have in the small details. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving all the little things (you know how excited I was with that two seconds Titans cameo) but I wanted more and, so for, I'm not getting it. There were a few great moments in this episode tho, so let's get into those.
Black Lightning was finally incorporated into the Arrowverse and that was definitely a good thing. So glad they did that. I'm not even the biggest fan of Black Lightning as a show, I mean, I watch it, and I like it, but I still prefer Arrow, The Flash and Legends, but seeing him among all my favorite heroes sure made me appreciate Black Lightning a lot more and I love his interaction with Barry. Who would have thought that they have so much in common? I really like that heartfelt conversation that they had and sure one of the highlights not only of the episode, but the whole crossover.
They also introduced a whole new character in this - Ryan Choi - who is played by Osric aka Kevin in Supernatural. Of course I liked this even though I'm still confused on why he's here and why is he a Paragon (that whole thing with Paragons is a whole other story, and I'll get into that in a minute).
But, for sure, the best part of this episode, with no doubt, was Lucifer! Yes, Tom Ellis made a cameo as Lucifer and I loved it! And I don't even watch Lucifer (yet, I've been planning to). I just loved his interaction with Constantine and, truth be told, it was just so surprising! A bit like the Titans cameo!
And speaking of Lucifer, Constantine, Diggle and Mia went to Lucifer for help to find Oliver's soul and getting a way into Purgatory which is, none other than Lian Yu. Of course, it had to be! And, although I loved this, mainly because they did get Oliver back, I have so many issues with this plot. I mean, the Purgatory and everything makes sense but then, as soon as they find Oliver, he doesn't recognize Diggle nor Mia and it only takes Diggle saying 'It's me Oliver, Diggle!' and, just like that, he remembers?! I mean, I get it, they had to get to the point but c'mon! It was such a sloppy writing! But it doesn't end there. As soon as they find Oliver's soul, Spectre appears and says that Oliver has to be the new Spectre and... Oliver just says Okay?! Once again, I get it, they have to get to the point, but it was way too quickly and I didn't like that. I liked that Oliver is back though and, for that, I can't be too mad.
What made me kind of made was something else. Or a few something elses.
First, they just find the remaining three Paragons in the beginning of  the episode - Barry, Paragon of Love, J'onn, Paragon of Honor, and Ryan Choi, Paragon of Humanity. The way they found that kind of annoyed me but what annoyed me the most was who were the Paragons. I mean, I should have seen that Barry was one of them, but they could come up with something different. Plus, they could make Black Lightning one of them and it would make a lot more sense to why they brought him instead of what they came up with, but I guess that's just me.
Something else that I was expecting but still, I didn't like, was the way around Barry vanishing that they found. The article said The Flash varnishes, but they didn't say which Flash. Yes, that's what they came up with and, instead of Barry vanishing, it was Flash from Earth-90, played by John-Wesley Shipp that vanished. It was a cute moment though, with some actual footage from the 90s The Flash show, but I guess that was it. And since I didn't watch that show, I didn't feel what most people felt.
Then, there were this whole West-Allen moments that you know how I feel about them. I just don't ship them and I don't even think the actor ship them because the chemistry between them, specially in this episode, was zero. 
And yeah, in the end, the Anti-Monitor while working through Lyla, kills the Monitor and destroys the last Earth, Earth-1, and everyone in them. Luckily, Pariah sends the seven Paragons to the Vanishing Point, where there is no time and space, and it's in that moment that they learn that Lex Luther used the Book of Destiny to replace Earth-96 Superman with himself. And that's it.
My bet is that this is going to be a Infinity War/Endgame scenario, where this was the lead up and now the last two episodes are going to be the final battle where actually all the heroes are going to be present. I also think that it's in those two episodes that some major deaths are going to take place because, so far, the only people dead are not important characters and there has to be some repercussion. 
Overall, it isn't the best crossover but it isn't finished yet so I'm hopeful (as always). Heck, at least, Oliver is not dead, and that does for me. Oh, and I forgot to mention, there were not enough Barry and Oliver interactions this crossover and they are one of the main reasons why I love crossovers so I guess that's why I'm not loving this one.
Anyway, let me know your overall thoughts of the Crisis so far. Are you happy? Are you disappointed? Tell me everything and the Crisis is only back in January but I'll talk to you tomorrow with a new The Challenge rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment