Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Challenge: War of the Worlds | Season 33 Episode 17 - "Reunion"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everybody!
So, this is the last rant for a while, unfortunately. You know, this time of the year all of the series go on hiatus and usually there's only The Challenge for me to review but, this time, it looks like just last week they started filming the new season so... We will have to wait a little longer.
But anyway, I still have one more episode to talk to you about so, let's do it!
To be completely fair, I wasn't going to review this episode. Not much usually happen on the Reunion episodes (I like to see them, but there's not much for me to comment on) but I asked you guys on twitter if you still wanted one and you guys staid yes so... Here it is! And i have to say, I got pretty surprised right away when we saw that Paulie and Cara were still together. For some odd reason (I think I've read somewhere) I thought they had broke up. I mean, maybe since the Reunion they did, but I thought they had broken up a long time ago so... Guess I was wrong. Apart from that, the episode started with your basic stuff - talking with the winner, in this case, Turbo, and how he felt about winning, they also talked with Theo about almost winning as well as with Ninja about being the only girl to cross the finish line, to which you could see Cara Maria's face like pretty salty.
After that, they jumped into the drama stuff, starting with something that I didn't even know about - Da'Vonne and Kam's friendship. Apparently, both of them fancied Theo in the beginning of the season and Kam said that Da'Vonne could go for it but then, as we all know, Kam ended up hooking up with Theo and it wasn't even that that Da'Vonne was sad about, it was the fact that Kam didn't tell her about her feelings for Theo and yeah... In the end, I guess things got patched up but we all know that this things take time.
Then, it was time to talk about the UK Alliance and how strong it was for the majority of the season. I don't even know what to say about that, to be honest so I'm just going to jump into the next thing, which was the whole thing between Zach and Cara.
I'm the worst to comment on this because you all know how I feel about Cara right now. Yes, maybe Zach was a little harsh and we know Zach usually doesn't really think, but Cara has been a b*tch this season and she was truly asking for it like, she needs to be put in her place. She has been acting like she owns the whole damn thing and then, as soon as something bad happens to her, she plays the victim and that's so damn annoying! I'm so fed up with her, seriously!
Anyway, after Cara, it was time to talk about someone else that was pretty annoying too - Bear. Bear is something else. I have mixed feelings about him because on one hand he's so annoying and he just doesn't think before he says stuff but, on the other hand, he's really funny and I enjoy him sometimes so... I don't really know how to feel towards him. I guess I feel the exact same way as everyone in the Reunion.
Moving on, it was time to get back to the love triangles, involving Kam and Theo again, but with Leroy this time. We all know what happened with them so I think I don't need to elaborate much. Leroy did let us know about what happened before the season started shooting and that was nice to know but, besides that, not much was added.
Something else that I didn't know about and I had no idea that had blow up like it did was something about Da'Vonne threatening Wes which we know wasn't really what happened but this thing really blew up and I really felt for Da'Vonne. You could see that Wes felt bad too so that's good I guess, at least that. (I know I've been brief with each topic but there's so much to unpack that I need to keep it short otherwise this is going to be a really long post).
After that whole thing, is time to get back to the usual stuff - vendettas. First, the whole thing between Zach and Bananas which, we finally know (I guess we know) that Zach did kind of betray Bananas and, as much as you might not like Bananas, and as much as you might think he's also a douche, you have to say that he was in the right to be angry at Zach and to doubt him because, in the end, Zach did have a thing with Wes and... This whole story was really confusing to me. All I know is that you could tell Bananas was speaking the truth and, to be honest, he was really tamed in this Reunion so, I'm proud of him for 'growing up'.
Unlike Zach and Bananas, the whole thing between Kyle and Paulie is pretty simple, they just dislike each other. This whole thing is mainly because of Cara, to be honest, because she just can't let go... But yeah, at least, there's no games between them, they just hate each others guts and they will always be rivals, that's it.
And, we basically tackled all the 'heavy' themes so let's get into the light ones.
There was this whole thing between Bear and Georgia which looks like hasn't really ended, even if she has been trying, then there's the whole hookups thing that they always show (we find out that there's something between Morgan and Bananas, even if I already suspected something), there's the whole thing about what they said behind each others backs, which isn't that deep, to be honest, the whole thing between Zach/Jenna/Amanda is also old news and I'm not getting into that because you know how I feel about Amanda and I don't need to stress myself out with people that don't matter and then there's the whole thing between Ninja and Turbo that, even thought that's also old news, we finally find out that they are good with each other and that she's actually going to visit his family in Turkey so... That's nice though.
The episode then ends with some funny stuff and that's basically it.
I know I probably forgot to talk about something and if there's something you want me to comment on tell me in the comments and I can always edit this and talk about what you want me to talk about or just hit me up on twitter or Instagram and we can talk there!
Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll be back as soon as there's new episodes of series that I review here and, in the mean time, have a nice Summer and yeah... I'll see you probably in the Fall.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment