Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 5 - "Kiss Kiss Breach Breach"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Welcome back to a brand new week of rants!
Unfortunately we're not starting with the greatest note. Don't get me wrong, I liked this episode of The Flash, but comparing it to last week, it was a bit lackluster. Actually, it was like The Flash and Arrow switched places - Arrow this week as freaking amazing (which I'll get into in my next post) and The Flash was... Meh!
The thing is, I know exactly why I felt this way - there was no Barry this episode. This really pains me to say but Barry is the glue that connects this show and, without it, you clearly feel like something is missing. This episode focused a lot on Cisco and, as much as I love him, there's a reason why Barry is the star of this series and that showed this episode.
There were a few surprises in this episode though, such as the comeback of Breacher who comes with not so great news - Cynthia's (aka Gypsy's) death. Yeah, that was a really surprising and sad thing. So, as you can imagine, this episode revolves around Cisco because of that, and because he decides to help and find out the guy who killed her - Echo, an hacker that she was previously hunting.
They decide to throw us some curve balls when they reveal that Cisco was the one who killed her but, with a show like The Flash that deals with time travel and different Earth's you know something is up. And that was exactly what happened. Cisco doesn't believe that he did it in his sleep and so he goes looking for answers and finds out that Echo is a doppelganger of himself that did it on purpose so Cisco would take the blame. But OG Cisco is smarter than Echo an so, in the end, Echo is captured and Breacher apologizes to Cisco for not believing him.
Well, in the meantime, while this was happening, they also gave us a few side story-lines such as Ramsey offering Caitlin to join him which she says no, and Joe following Nash to that place where we saw the Monitor and getting trapped underground, just to be saved by Ralph later. The episode actually ends with Nash telling them that he has found a way to save Barry from his impending death (can't wait to see if my eternium theory is right).
That's it guys. It was a really lackluster episode. But, even though the next one only comes in two weeks, it looks like it's going to be a good one - Ralph and Barry timing up (my boys) and it's the episode directed by Danielle Panabaker so, I'm excited!
Let me know what you thought of the episode and if you agree with my eternium theory. If not, let me know your theories, let's discuss!
I'll see you in a bit with my Arrow rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment