Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Arrow | Season 8 Episode 4 - "Present Tense"



Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
OMG! What was that episode?!
I can't believe I'm actually saying this but this episode was good! Like, really good! I mean, it's no surprise that I love Arrow but loving this much an episode that includes a lot of elements from the flash-forwards?! That's new! But I'm really glad that I did because I would be extremely sad if Arrow ended on a bad note but, so far, it's impeccable!
So, we all know how last episode ended and we get right into where that left of. It was amazing to see everyone's reactions. William was my favorite, by far! He just hugged Oliver right away and... You're going to hear me say this a lot in this rant but William and Oliver together in this episode gave me life and I adored every single scene that they were together like.. Ugh! Loved it so damn much! Then, there's Mia who, obviously, never met Oliver and is really on defense. Disclaimer! She annoyed the heck out of me during this whole episode so... There's that. And then there's Connor who, at this point, in the present time, hasn't been adopter by Diggle yet so... That is weird.
Anyway so FTA decides to not tell their dads (and everyone else) about the events of the future which, thinking about it, it's the right thing to do. We all know how knowing the future can mess things up. But that is until Grant Wilson leads an army as the new Deathstrokes to destroy Star City. With this, comes a whole big mess. Mia and Connor think that Grant Wilson is JJ, and so they are compelled to come clean and tell Team Arrow about how JJ turns out to be the 'new Deathstroke' and how he kills Zoe. The good thing is that, by knowing that, they work on doing things differently and see if they can change anything in the future - starting with catching Grant, which they do by working all together.
That was a great scene, even though, again, Mia kept messing with my nerves and yeah... I just don't like her.
This episode also brought back one of my favorite characters - Curtis. He not only helped with catching Grant, but also helped Oliver on finding more about the Monitor and the 'weapon' that was used to destroy Earth-2 which, by the end of the episode, they learn that is in Russia. 
A bunch of other things take place in this episode such as Laurel and Dinah starting the Canaries 'thing', Rene begins is campaign in the Glades to become Mayor, and yeah, a lot of father/son moments between Oliver and William that I just loved and were, by far, my favorite thing about this episode.
The episode ends with the Monitor appearing, this time to Laurel, and making a deal with her that he'll bring Earth-2 back under the condition that she betrays Oliver. Laurel is very capable of that so, I won't be surprised if she goes through with that deal.
All in all, I loved this episode! Maybe my favorite this season! So much changed and yeah, really liked it - for a one time thing, which I don't think is happening, and that's what I'm afraid of.
From the preview for next episode (which is in two weeks) it looks like they were going to keep this 'mixed Team' and I don't know how I feel about that. Mainly because I don't like Mia and she's a big part of the FTA. Luckily there's a bunch of other characters that I love so, I hope it will be fine.
Anyway, I guess we'll see.
In the meantime, let me know what you thought of this episode, tell me if you liked it as much as I did and I'll see you tomorrow with new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment