Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

The Flash | Season 6 Episode 6 - "License to Elongate"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
Yes, I was right, this episode was awesome!
As you might have guessed by the title, this episode is pretty much dedicated to Ralph (which, you know, I'm not mad about - at all). I've loved Ralph since the very beginning. Ever since everyone thought he was annoying and he didn't add much to the plot, I was here, supporting him, and it's so nice to see him being appreciated more, because this episode was pretty much just to get Barry to 'pass the torch' to Ralph and give him some recognition.
It does take some time to get to the point and so we follow Ralph, again, on his quest for Sue Dearbon (*wink*). Barry tags along with Ralph and I knew we were in for a ride. I love Ralph and Barry together and this was another great episode of them together. Although, this time, Barry wasn't is best. I get it, you needed to show that Ralph is also a good hero and a good detective but c'mon! Barry couldn't be that bad. I mean, he's naive and everything but not to that point. I guess this was also to show that Barry is too often The Flash and that he needs to be Barry Allen more.
I'm not going to get into details here (you've seen the episode, I'm sure) but, of course, they get caught, they are able to get themselves free and go after the 'bad guys' and that last fight scene might have been one of my favorite (if not my actual favorite) of the series. I just wasn't expecting the Muse soundtrack and it fit perfectly in the scene. It also helps that I'm a Muse fan and I love that song. But seriously, it was a really cool scene!
But because this episode couldn't be all about Ralph and Barry, meanwhile they're in their adventure, we see Nash asking Allegra for help, requiring her UV emitting ability to illuminate a wall filled with eternium in order to get to the Monitor. I guess I wasn't right with that. I thought that stone would help Barry live (it might still do that, who knows) but for now, Nash just wanted to get 'through' the wall (I guess. The whole thing is still a bit messy in my head). This not only is a way to make Allegra face her fears (of becoming her cousin) but also a way for her to know everything about Team Flash, since Nash ended up telling her all about doppelgangers, the multiverse and even Flash's real identity (aka Barry). 
The last story-line of the episode was Cecile's, who helps Runk to get his life back now that his powers have stabilized. It was a pretty useless story-line, in my opinion, and it really didn't add anything to the plot.
The episode ends with Ralph being attacked by Rosso.
I have no idea where this is going. I'm sure Ralph is fine but something else is going to happen because we see Barry crying in the preview for next week. Still, that preview looked really confusing to me so I have no further predictions. If you have any make sure to let me know and I guess I'll see you guys in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment