Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Arrow | Season 8 Episode 5 - "Prochnost"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!
So, we're halfway through the season and I don't know to feel about that. On one hand I feel sad it's almost ending but, at the same time, it feels like they still have a long way to go to see everything come to an end and, although it has been a good 'memory lane' type of season, there's still so much about the Monitor and Crisis that we have to figure out that the time left doesn't seem enough.
In terms of this episode I have to say that I was on defense. I also was on the last episode and turned out I loved it and, after that episode, I was sure this one couldn't be better. And it wasn't, but it was still so much fun. Last episode focused a lot of Oliver and William's relationship, which I loved, and this one more on Oliver and Mia's, which I didn't really love, but there was so much more to this episode that I kind of forgot about that part.
The episode actually starts with Oliver teaching Mia stuff and it was really nice to see that Oliver is so much better than Mia. I just feel like so many people have been giving her too much credit and it was good to see who's the OG and who really gets it (Oliver). But pretty quickly our Team goes to Russia, which we saw in the preview.
For this mission Oliver takes William, Mia and Laurel, while Diggle goes looking for something else (and someone else, which I'll get in a minute). But before they leave we see Laurel meeting with Lyla, who's working with the Monitor. Lyla tells Laurel that she needs to get the plans that they're going to Russia for before Oliver does and steal them for the Monitor. Laurel agrees so but, as you can imagine, the entire episode, as for Laurel's arc, is dedicated to make her doubt that agreement and make her see that she has changed.
Arriving in Russia, of course, we had to get to Anatoly. It wouldn't be a Russia episode without Anatoly. And I loved it. I've always liked Anatoly, even when he wasn't his best. He kind of disappointed me a few times, but I'm so glad that he's back to being on Oliver's side and helping him, just like this time with those plans they have to steal.
They don't really get to steal the plans but Burov, the owner of the plans, offers a deal - a cage match for the drive, which Oliver agrees to. The fights in this episode were pretty cool, even though I'm not Mia's biggest fan and I don't really like when she's showing off, but it was fine. I mean, it wasn't really fine because they were caught and the Bratva kidnapped Oliver and Mia, and it had to be Laurel, Anatoly and William to rescue them. In the end, they are able to get the plans and everything ends well.
At the same time, Diggle goes to Roy for help. Yes, Roy is back! And after the two of them get what they were searching for (plutonium) Roy decides to stay with the Team and help them during this Crisis and against the Monitor. 
Later that night, Laurel turns down Lyla's offer to join her mission as Oliver and Diggle discover Lyla's betrayal, just to end up tranquilized.
The episode ends like that and we see in the preview that, the next episode, is going to be basically all 'imagination'. Just a filler episode, as I said on my twitter. It will have Quentin Lance back, which is nice, but I feel like this season we can't waste time on a filler episode so I just hope that the next episode leads somewhere.
But that's it guys. Not my favorite episode this season but still a solid one.
Let me know what you thought and I'll talk to you soon.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment