Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

Supernatural | Season 15 Episode 5 - "Proverbs 17:3"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Final rant of the week.
This week's Supernatural episode was disguised as a case of the week. I say disguised because there was so much more to this episode. I was shocked! Seriously, I thought I was in for something and then they just switched to something completely different and, you know what? I'm so glad they did! Don't get me wrong, I love the 'case of the week' type of episode, but this is the final season so they have to step it up a notch and they did exactly that with this episode.
Once again, the episode opens with another of Sam's nightmare, following by a case of five strange deaths in Colorado, which they pretty soon learn are from werewolves.
The werewolves, brothers Andy and Josh, kidnap the last survivor of their attacks after Dean unexpectedly falls sleep. This whole thing was really sketchy since the beginning. As Sam said in the episode, it was too easy. They discovered it was werewolves, they had a survivor who clearly saw the attackers, they found them right away... It was way too easy and since they got to the girl I knew something was up, I just didn't know what.
But anyway, after the kidnapping, luckily, Dean and Sam know who are the werewolves and pretty soon they get to their cabin. There's a fight, of course, and in the end, Andy, who hates what they are doing, kills his brother and then kills himself.
By this time it was only the middle of the episode so of course there had to be a twist.
Turns out the girl the Winchesters were protecting was Lilith, resurrected by God from the Empty and in search of the gun that Sam used to kill God. Of course the brothers don't want to give her the gun but, this time, she's not as nice and she's still pretty powerful so she paralyzes them and finds the gun which she immediately destroys. After that she reveals that God's intended endgame is for the Winchesters to kill each other and that's when Sam makes the connection. 
After arriving in the bunker, Sam tells Dean about the nightmares and says that they might be God's possible endings and that she's seeing them because of the link created when he shot God. 
The episode ends with the brothers lost because the thought they had been free from God and, after all, he's still writing their story.
To be completely honest, I have no idea how the boys are going to get out of this. All I know is that they're going to need as much help as they can get, and that might possible include Lucifer, who knows. Either way, this season is looking pretty good and, my only complain right now is the lack of Jack and Castiel. I just want those two back and I'm happy.
With that said, let me know what you thought of the episode. Did you think it was just another 'case of the week' episode? Were you surprised about Lilith? Tell me everything and I'll see you next week with brand new rants!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment