Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 14 - "Cause and XS"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Yes, I'm late again, let's not talk about it and jump into the rant.
I need to point out something funny about this. The day that this episode aired was the same day that I went to the cinema to see Happy Death Day 2U (review on my YouTube channel, by the way) and, actually, I watched the episode right after I arrived home from the cinema so that was funny.
Anyway, this episode was all about re-living the same day over and over again (and see Nora fail every damn time) and I quite enjoyed it.
It all started with the fact that Barry had to go into the speed force in order to speed up the synthesizing process of the meta cure and so Nora was 'in charge' of keeping everyone saved, and that's where everything got screwed. Turns out, Cicada went after Iris (as expected, to be honest) and he kidnaps her. Iris is able to contact Nora and so she and Caitlin go to Iris' rescue. They arrive and that's when Cicada ends up killing Caitlin. Nora gets really anxious about the whole thing that she runs so fast that she turns back time, going back to the beginning of that same day.
Having another chance, Nora keeps Iris in STAR Labs this time but, instead of going after Iris, in this new timeline, Cicada kidnaps Ralph. You know, I'm really attached to Ralph (he's probably my favorite character on The Flash) and so seeing him getting kidnapped again really got to me. The scene played out just like last time but, instead of Caitlin, this time Ralph is the one that dies, which was so painful for me to watch (I remember last time. I was devastated when he died.). The thing is, I knew Nora was going to do it again so... It was fine but I really don't want to see Ralph die again. Thank You.
Nora keeps getting back and back and resetting the timeline but someone from Team Flash always gets killed. Before her final attempt, Cisco reveals what she has done, so she confesses and storms off. Cisco then goes to her to console her, which was something different, we haven't seen Cisco and Nora connect much so far so this was a nice touch which resulted in the both of them, alongside with the rest of the team, working on a plan to stop Cicada.
This time, they make it so that Cicada stabs himself with his dagger, forcing him to flee.
Barry returns, unaware of everything that happened, which was a pretty funny scene, and then has a serious talk with Nora where he warns her against messing with time any further.
In the very end of the episode we see that Sherloque finally decoded Nora's entire journal and so we are really close to see the Team finding out about Nora.
That was it for this episode. I'm really stoked about next one though because it's the King Shark vs Grodd episode and those are really good! Unfortunately, we are going to have to wait two weeks until the new episode so... It looks like for the next two weeks there will just be The Challenge posts (which is what I'm going to post next, in a few hours).
Let me know your thoughts on this episode and I'll see you in my next post!
Love,
Daniela.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete