Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Supernatural | Season 14 Episode 14 - "Ouroboros"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
It has a been an amazing week for all my favorite series (apart from Arrow) and Supernatural was another one of those.
After that amazing episode before the hiatus, they had a really hard job but they surely pulled it off and OMG, I think this episode was even better than the last one, which is saying a lot!
The episode began looking just like any other 'case of the week' episode - with the Winchesters, Castiel, Jack and Rowena following a case involving a monster that paralyzed people and then ate them. I must say, this monster was really cool and, if I'm not mistaken, something they had never mention, so that was nice. They eventually find out that that monster is a gorgon (aka medusa) who is unable to see, with his clairvoyant powers, Castiel and Jack because of their 'angel blood'. After trying countless times to catch them, after finding out about this little piece of information, they take advantage of that and use Castiel and Jack to ambush him, only to fail to defeat him. When the Winchesters intervene, they also fail and Dean ends up unconscious, just before Jack jumps to action and kills the gorgon himself, in a really out of nowhere scene. Really, I wasn't expecting that at all!
And this is when the episode changes directions.
Everyone is worried about Dean and him not waking up, also in fear of what might happen to Michael, while, at the same time, Jack struggles with the fact that he can't help Dean or he might burn all of his soul. 
Dean eventually wakes up but it's too late. They find every hunter in the bunker and that and that's when it's revealed that Michael forced Rowena to become his new vessel. Again, something that really surprised me! But this doesn't end here.
Jack feels like he must do something and that's when this amazing battle between Jack and Michael happen, ending with Jack exorcising Michael from Rowena and destroying the archangel, absorbing his grace and getting back his powers (and his wings, which was one of the most beautiful scenes ever!).
The episode just ends like that and, to be honest, it couldn't end better. The only issue now is, if we are done with the whole Michael thing (and we aren't getting into the Empty story-line this season, according to the producers) what is going to happen in the next 6 episodes?! This kind of makes me feel uneasy. I can clearly see this ending with an huge cliffhanger and I'm just not prepared for that.
Well, I guess that's all I can say about this episode. It seems like not much but I truly loved this episode (it's always like that, I lose my words when the episodes are that good). But I hope you don't lose yours and let me know what you thoughts of the episode.
I'll see you guys in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment