Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 14 - "Brothers & Sisters"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
We are back with the usual programming and we are starting the week with a brand new Arrow episode (plus rant).
Unfortunately, I don't bring good news. I wasn't the biggest fan of this episode for multiple reasons. In the end, it kind of made up for the whole thing but, to be honest, this still wasn't a good episode, which is always a bummer.
The main issue that I had with this episode was the multiple story-lines. There was so much going on and I'm all for everyone having a different story but when you try to fit everyone's story-line in one episode it gets too much.
One of those story-lines in the episode was Emiko and Oliver, which right now looks like the most boring story-line out of all. Yes, in the end we got a 'big reveal' and now I can see everything connected, but it still is really boring and I just want this whole thing to be done with. Then, there's also the flash-forwards, which are also part of the reason why I didn't like this episode.
You all know that I hated the reveal of Mia being Felicity and Oliver's daughter, mainly because she is played by Kat McNamara, and right now, I even hate the whole thing more. Mia really showed herself in this episode and she's extremely stubborn and annoying - the bratty type of annoying. And the thing is, Kat always play those types of characters and she isn't good at playing them, which makes everything worse. I'm not even going to talk more about the flash-forwards because I just didn't like them. I'm really starting to understand why everyone was hating on the flash-forwards.
Well, the last story-line of the episode was really the best one, and I never thought I would say this because I'm talking about Diaz' story-line. I mean, it wasn't all just about Diaz, it also involved the 'Suicide Squad' and who we've always known that was going to be this season's villain - Dante.
Yes, we finally found out who Dante is and, to be honest, it was a bit underwhelming, at least, the 'reveal' of his face. However, his first fight with Oliver was truly something else and, just from that fight we can already tell that he's a better villain that Diaz ever was.
Anyway, a lot stuff happened, to be honest - Diaz has always been on Dante's side but, in the end, Diaz didn't get away and finally someone killed him! Thank God! We still don't know who did it, that's new mystery, but my bet is on Black Siren. 
In the end, it's always revealed that Emiko is working with Dante and this whole thing with Oliver is all part of their plan, which was a big shock, to be honest. My theory now is that Dante was the one that killed Emiko's mother and then he 'rescued' her and she started working for/with him.
Let me know your theories on all of this and I guess I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Flash rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment