Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 17 - "Inheritance"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
Another show that is going on hiatus for a few weeks, but not before a great spring finale!
That's right, this was one episode that I really enjoyed and really surprised me! It has been a minute since I get really shocked with anything that happens on any series really, but mainly on Arrow, and I just loved that the ending of this episode was just... Wow! Really wasn't expecting it at all! Yes, there were parts really expected as Emiko betraying Oliver (who wasn't expecting that, really?!) but than, that ending! I don't have words!
The episode doesn't waste any time and, after a scene between Emiko and Oliver, we jump right to Laurel talking to Oliver and telling him that Emiko was the one that killed Diaz (probably the only think she has done right this whole season). Of course, Oliver being Oliver (and not only that, being a brother) doesn't want to believe so, to really be sure, he follows Emiko and finds her and Dante stealing drones from Palmer Tech. After that, Oliver confronts Emiko, who states that she owes Dante for helping her after their father abandoning her. Can I just say that I loved that they didn't drag things? Like, I know we are really close to the season finale (as well as series finale but let's not talk about that just yet) but this is the type of story that they would drag for a bunch of episodes so, I'm glad they didn't. They did drag a lot of other things during the whole season but, that's the past so, let's just forget about that. 
So, after that, they used Archer to track Dante (with his DNA) and, once again, I love how they tied the Archer thing and I love how everything is finally making sense.
They find Dante and, in all that chaos (because yes, there was a fight, obviously, this is Arrow after all) Oliver saves Emiko when Dante seemingly turns on her, believing he has been betrayed (but we know better).
Emiko is taken to the Arrow bunker, where she feigns helping Team Arrow while secretly planting a jammer to take Archer down. Luckily, soon enough, Oliver finds the jammer and probably the best part of the episode happens - a fight between Oliver and Emiko. Not only the sound of that is epic, but the actual fight sequence was really cool, and I just loved that it was only the two of them, and inside the bunker, which didn't leave much room for them to fight. I really liked that fight, congrats on the fight coordinators.
Anyway, Emiko ends up leaving in the end of that fight and, while Archer is down, Emiko, Dante and the Ninth Circle steal some Sarin gas. Team Arrow tracks the Sarin drones to an airfield, where Oliver manages to take down almost all the drones, with only one of them releasing the gas on an abandoned building.
Then, in the end of the episode, it is revealed one of the big surprises - Emiko isn't just part of the Ninth Circle, she is the leader!
The other big revealed happened in the flash-backs. Yes, flash-backs! Maybe that was one of the reasons why I loved this episode so much - there was no flash-forwards and, instead, there were flash-backs of Emiko.
First of all we see Emiko meeting Dante for the first time. Then, as an adult, we see her training with him and later meeting with Robert Queen, her father, for business help, but she gets turned down, which leads to the big reveal - she knew about the explosives in the Queen Gambit and she said nothing, letting everything that we see in Season 1 happen! This was so huge like, for real! It ties everything together and now I am king of sorry that I ever doubted the producers and writers of the show. Yes, the show had better days but I love how, in the end, everything makes sense and now I'm just sad that the show will end next season.
So, this is it! Big reveal! Shocking!
Let me know what you thought about everything and there's still The Challenge episodes so... I guess I'll see you on Thursday!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment