Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2019

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 17 - "Time Bomb"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
So, here I am with a brand new The Flash rant (and the last one for a while).
Just like Arrow's episode, this episode of The Flash was an highly anticipated one (because of the whole thing with Nora) but, unlike Arrow, this was a really pleasant episode, at least, in my opinion. I guess I'm just going to tell you right away my overall thoughts because, the truth is, there wasn't much story development in this episode - or should I say, the story was all the same and there wasn't a 'baddie of the week' or something. In this episode, there was the baddie of the season and the whole thing was really surprising to me.
We finished last episode finding out about Grace being also Cicada and, like I said, it wasn't a big surprise really and it was also pretty obvious that she was from the future, just like Nora. What surprised me instead, in this episode, was how quickly they figured it out. I was seriously thinking that they would drag this whole thing for a few more episodes (maybe even until the end of the season) but they didn't and they realized that this was Grace and that she was from the future. Then, like I said, the story was simple - they kept trying to find her and 'change her mind' throughout the whole episode, even to the point where Orlin was on Team Flash's side and... It all ended with a bang! I guess I should've seen it coming but the truth is that I didn't and, in the end, Grace killed Orlin! That really got me!
But this whole thing with Grace wasn't really the reason why everyone was looking forward to this episode - Nora and Eobard were, and we got our payoff.
Yes, they decided to leave everything to the very end but I guess it was worth it. Sherloque was the one to tell everything to the Team (with Nora present, though) because he figured it out during the episode (which we actually saw him following the clues). As you can imagine, Barry wasn't really happy and that scene actually pained me. You could really see the disappointment in Barry's face (congrats to Grant from the amazing acting) and then he took a really extreme measure - he locked Nora in the vault/'meta-prisons' (or whatever it is called) and, in that moment, I kind of felt bad for Nora.
The episode just ended like that and now we are going to have to wait until April 16 to find out more about this whole thing with Nora and Eobard, but I guess it's going to be worth it because not only I'm super curious about the finding out the truth but also the episode is called 'Godspeed' (finally) and it's the one directed by Danielle Panabaker so... I expect great things!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to post the rant right away because I'm going to be on holidays on April 16 so... I'm going to have to stay away from social media to avoid spoilers... It won't be too hard, I guess.
Anyway, before I end, I just wanted to add that Ralph was finally back for this episode and, you know me, that makes the episode even better.
Okay, I guess that's it from me. Let me know your thoughts on the episode and I'll see you, with a new The Flash rant, in April (but I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Challenge rant).
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment