Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Supernatural | Season 14 Episode 16 - "Don't Go in the Woods"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys.
This post comes really in a bad time. Last night's episode was actually really funny but after today's news... I just can't. As if ending Arrow wasn't enough... Season 15 is also going to be Supernatural's last. That's right guys, the news came out today. I don't know why but they decided to end the show after next season and I'm just devastated. All my favorite shows are ending and, not only I won't have content for the blog anymore, but it's also a part of me, a part of my life, that will also end. TVD's end was the end of an era in my life and I believe this is the end of another era. I don't know what the universe is trying to say but it seems like they're saying that I'm too old to fan-girl about shows and... I just don't like that. But, anyway, I'm rambling now. Yes, it's so sad that another of my favorite shows is ending, but we still have a bit of time (Season 15 is going to have 20 episodes, from what I've read) and there's last night's episode to talk about so... Let's do it!
Like I said, this week's episode was also another fun one. Not as fun as the last one though, but it was nice - another case of the week with a sprinkler of Jack in is own story-line.
The episode actually begins in Polk City, Iowa, where a young couple is attacked by a monster which kills the girl. So, as you can expect, the brothers find about this and decide to head over to Iowa, but leaving Jack behind in the bunker.
Sam and Dean discover that they are facing a legendary monster called kohonta which the local sheriff reveals is a man that was cursed by the Native Americans for being a cannibal. Long story short, the Winchesters and the sheriff kill the kohonta and save the sheriff's son from it. Of course it wasn't that easy, it never is, but you already know the deal so I guess I don't have much explaining to do. Plus, there wasn't much to that story, to be honest. Yes, the monster was pretty gross and this episode gave us some Season 1 vibes but, apart from that, there wasn't much else. Well, there was a part where the sheriff asks the brothers why don't they let the whole world know about the monsters, like do some YouTube videos or something and, in one way, I found it really funny, imagining Sam and Dean doing some videos on how to kill a demon or something but, on the other hand, it gave me an idea of how the next season could be or, right now, after finding about the end of the series, how the show might end and... I'm kind of scared right now.
But anyway... At the same time all of that was happening with Sam and Dean, Jack befriends the local kids that know about the supernatural after that episode where they had an encounter with the ghost of John Wayne Gacy. The whole story-line with Jack and the kids was really funny - starting with him trying to buy beer and not having an ID, moving to him giving Elliot some books about monsters and... So many things about that part of the episode were super cute. Until Jack tries to show off his powers and almost killing Stacy with an angel blade. You know how Jack is, he gets really carried away and... like he mentioned in this episode, he's 2 years old in reality so, it's normal for him to act that way. I can't help but feel sad for him, really, because after that, the three kids just didn't care about him and sent him away. Poor Jack.
And, in the end, after arriving, the Winchesters admit the truth to Jack about why they left him behind, but Jack lies about what he did that day, which makes me kind of nervous, to be honest. And this was the episode.
Like I said, a lot of Season 1 vibes. Kind of chill but kind of heavy at the same time and, as we are approaching the end of the season, the episodes are going to get more serious and, from the looks of it, the next one is going to be good so... Let's see.
Unfortunately, the show only comes back in the beginning of April so... Another show on hiatus. It looks like it's just Arrow and The Challenge next week.
Until then...
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment