Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2019

The Challenge: War of the Worlds | Season 33 Episode 1 - "Apocalypse Now"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Oh My God, it's been so long since I've posted a The Challenge rant! I'm so happy the show is back and, from the looks of it, this might actually be the best season so far!
They said in the end of last season that the show was going to change or something and, so far, I don't see many changes, besides the challenges being more extreme (from the previews, at least). This first episode, thought, was exactly what I had in mind. I saw the trailers and I was expecting something crazy but, I should know better, because the first episode is a lot of introduction and not much 'game' and challenges but yeah... In the end, I enjoyed it and I'm pretty curious about all this new rookies.
So, the players were announced a few weeks ahead and, right away, it was quite something! Not only there's a bunch of new rookies, coming from all over the place - The Bachelor, Big Brother, Love Island, Survivor, American Ninja Warrior, Geordie Shore, Ex on the Beach and Floribama Shore - but there's also a bunch of Veterans back that we haven't seen a while such as Wes and Nany! Obviously my only concern really was if Bananas was in this season and of course he is! So, you already know who I'm rooting for, no matter what. Besides Bananas, CT, Zach, Leroy, Jenna and Cara Maria are also back, so you know, I also want my girl Jenna to go far. I'm also really curious about some of the rookies, mainly a girl from American Ninja Warrior! ANW is a whole another level and so I predict she's going to go really far (I'm kinda bummed that she's paired with Paulie though, but I'll get into that in a bit).
We find out in this first episode, after all of them going into a challenge, that the vets are going to be paired with a rookie from the opposite sex and, right away, the vets think they are going to be the ones to choose but... TJ changed their plans and it was time for the rookies to pick who they wanted to be with, following the order that they finished the challenge. I'm not going to get into much detail, nor I'm going to mention all the teams but, to name a few, Bananas got paired with Morgan (who I don't really know, but we find out that she was a cheerleader or something and also that she won the Big Brother so... let's see), CT got paired with Julia (also a girl from Big Brother), Jenna was paired with Gus (I also should mention that Jenna was the last one to be picked) and Da'Vonne ended up with Bear, which is one of the teams that I'm most curious about. I know Bear from a few shows that air on MTV and he's really loud and funny and Da'Vonne is also a really strong woman so... I think they're going to be a fun team.
I don't know what else to say about this first episode because it didn't give us much more than that. We saw a few arguments (already) involving Ashley (the drama queen) and we also saw how Cara Maria is really vocal about her and Paulie being together and how much sex they have, which is going to get really annoying in the upcoming episodes if she keeps mentioning that much.
Anyway, this are my thoughts on the new The Challenge season. I can't wait to see what Bananas does this season, if he has any competition, and yeah, I'm also rooting for my girl Jenna!
Let me know what you thought of this new rookies, what you thought of the teams and who are you rooting for and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment