Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Flash | Season 5 Episode 13 - "Goldfaced"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
Here I am with a new The Flash episode, and what an episode! This week have been great so far with a really good Arrow episode and an amazing The Flash episode!
I really did enjoy this episode and, if you watched it, you already know why. This week's episode was basically the Ralph and Barry show and I'm all for it! I'm not going to say that this was a pairing I never knew I needed until now because that isn't exactly true. Ralph and Barry are probably my favorite characters in the show (followed my Caitlin) and I'm all for them working together, it just doesn't happen that often so I was really happy to find out/see that this episode was basically the two of them together throughout the whole episode.
So, as you can expect, there's not much I can talk to you about besides Ralph and Barry, but I'm going to do my best in covering other stuff that happened (oh, and just a side note, I just need to have registered here how good Ralph/Hartley looked in this episode! Damn! That all black outfit really suited him! I'm all here for bad Ralph and Barry!).
I'm just going to get it out of the way and say what I have to say about Ralph and Barry's story-line in this episode. Basically they had to get a device that would make the cure act quicker on Cicada because, what they have now, will take like a minute to 'kick in' and they won't be able to hold him for that long. So, in order to get that device, they had to infiltrate an weapons market (full of bad guys) and they had to impersonate bad guys (Ralph and Barry, I mean). Ralph got into character pretty quickly (maybe because he was a cop and then an investigator) but, as you could expect, Barry had a bit more trouble with being bad, which almost got them caught, but I guess he learned some things while he was Oliver in the crossover and it worked out (in the beginning).
Turns out, the device that they needed would cost a bit more - they had to help Goldface steal some other device, device which would go to an hospital. As you can imagine, neither Barry nor Ralph were really okay with doing this but they got along with it, for the time being. Arriving to the lab, Ralph decides that Barry doesn't have to compromise the hero that he is and just locks him in the van (which anti-meta cuffs). Well, when it gets to actually steal the device (a 3D printer) Ralph sees a flyer with kids pictures and... He backs off. I don't have to say much more - things go a bit sour but, in the end, both Ralph and Barry fight Goldface, without their powers, and it was just amazing!
Well, this was the main story of the episode but there were two others that were quite interesting. One of them was that Iris actually got inside Cicada's house and ended up talking to him pretending to be writing some other story. Of course she was caught but in the end, not only she was safe but she found another way to give Cicada the cure (since Ralph and Barry didn't get the device they needed).
The last story of the episode was between Nora and Sherloque, with Nora seeing that Sherloque is onto her and going to Eobard for help. He tells her the way to keep Sherloque from going after her is occupy him with something else - Love - and so she sets up something to get Sherloque a date, and it was a pretty funny sequence with us getting introduced to the other Sherloque's wives and seeing him falling for the same woman but just from this Earth. It was cute and funny.
And that was pretty much it for this episode. I was really happy with it and it looks like next week's episode is going to be good as well so... let's see.
Let me know what you thought on this episode and I'll see you in my next rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment