Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2019

The Challenge: War of the Worlds | Season 33 Episode 2 - "Hellraiser"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
As I promised you guys, here I am to talk to you about the new The Challenge episode.
Yes, I just chose that photo for the banner - it was one of the few that I found about this episode so... I had to go with it. But it's actually fine because you know I'm going to talk a lot of sh*t about Amanda anyway (I always do) so see this as a post dedicated to how much I hate Amanda.
I quite enjoyed this episode. It was like the 'first' proper The Challenge episode because, you know, the first episode of the season is always to learn about the new season and the new players and such so, it's always different, so this one was like the 'real' first one and I was really impressed with it. They followed the 'usual' format with a challenge, nominations and elimination, and you know I like that. Last season they kind of got lost on the drama and most of the episode didn't follow this structure but, so for so good for this season, let's hope it stays this way.
So, we don't see a lot of drama in the beginning of the episode and move pretty quickly to the week's challenge, which didn't look like 'hard' but was fun to watch. Also, the order of the vets from last episode was essential for this episode and I can't really tell you all the teams that went against each other because there's still so many in the game but I can tell you that Bananas chose to go against Wes and I loved it! I loved it even more because, in the end, Bananas won and you know I'm always rooting for him - he's my number one.
Apart from Bananas, there were also two other teams that won and were safe from elimination - Cara Maria's team and, unfortunately, Amanda's team. This teams not only were safe but also had to nominate three teams to possibly go into elimination and, in this situation, Amanda was outnumbered, which is always nice.
In the nominations, basically each team chose another team and Bananas chose Hunter's team, Cara chose Ashley's team and Amanda chose Zach's team. After that, they had the Tribunal were they heard the teams that they chose to them decide which team to really send into elimination. I quite liked when it was time for Zach to 'defend himself' because he basically let his team-mate defend them and that left Amanda really angry because when they were paired last season, Zach always called the shots and when they disagreed, they were sent home.
As for the actual elimination, there was a bit of a twist. Instead of choosing as teams, each team member had a vote to choose the team to send into elimination, so 6 votes and not only 3 and, in the end, Hunter and Georgia were the ones that got the most votes. Next, another twist - the chosen team chooses who they want to go against (apart from the Tribunal, the safe teams) and, in this case, Hunter chose to go against Ashley's team which was lovely and so exciting! Although Hunter dislikes Bananas, in this I was rooting for Hunter because I don't like Ashley and he's right to be mad at Ashley so yeah, it was an interesting fight and, in the end, Hunter won and Ashley, who won last season, was the first one to go home - it's karma.
And then, we are left with a cliffhanger about some type of relic... Let's see what this means. They also teased that a legend will be defeated and I don't like the sound of that. I'm all for the vets and the only one that I don't like is Wes so, unless he's the one to go home, I don't like it.
Oh, I should also mention that there was a tiny drama with Jenna, Zach and Amanda because of a dating app. Anyway, what matters is that Jenna and Zach didn't break up because I really like them together. Also, Hunter was in kind of a fight too (with Leroy) but nothing really serious.
Anyway, I guess that's it for this episode.
Let me know all your thoughts on the episode and I'm sorry I didn't talk much about my hate for Amanda. You know, when I get started I can't stop so, don't even get me started.
I'll see you guys next week with a new The Challenge rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment