Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Arrow | Season 7 Episode 13 - "Star City Slayer"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
As per usual, I'm late with this rant but let's move on and talk about Arrow!
First of all, no, I didn't get that banner wrong. We had a bit of a The Flash crossover in this episode (just that one bit, to be honest) and that's why I used that pic for the banner. Second, I'm not super thrilled about this week's episode. In fact, I'm pretty pissed and, for the first time like ever I really hated an Arrow episode. It was actually fine until the very end of it but the ending really screwed everything for me. But anyway, let's talk about how everything went down.
The episode actually begins with the members of Team Arrow receiving threatening notes and also discovering a similar note at the murder scene of a councilman who previously worked with Ricardo Diaz.
They discovered some type of immobilizing drug in this dead councilman and that's where they started looking for who the murder was. They end up discovering the hiding place of this murderer - the Star City Slayer - and, surprise surprise, it's Stanley! I have to say, I enjoyed this but, at the same time, I wish he would've been a bigger villain or even this season's villain (which we still don't have). From the preview for next episode, and how this one ended, Stanley might still come into place in all this mess but, for now, he's not the main villain.
Anyway, Stanley ends up cutting Dinah's throat but Curtis is able to cauterize the wound and so saving her life.
Post that, Stanley goes to his main target - Oliver. He goes to Oliver and Felicity's house, where they were having dinner with William (Oliver's famous chili) and immobilizes them with the same drug that he used in his other victims. He starts some bullshit speech about how much he cares about Oliver and on how he's the only one that really understands Oliver and... You really see that he has some type of mental problem. He also tells some things about his past and, to be quite honest, I kind of felt for him. I mean, he's a total psycho, but he doesn't really belong in prison but really in an asylum, like his brother said he wanted to put him in. Stanley actually mentioned Arkham Asylum and that was a nice reference.
Well, in the end, Oliver is able to subdue him and Stanley is sent back to Slabside (that's why I still think he might come back). 
Throughout all this episode there was also a thing about William and him wanting a normal life. Yes, he was being a brat and actually Oliver called him out on that, which I really enjoyed but, in the end, Oliver realized that he can't ever give him a normal life so William goes to live with his grandparents (in Central City, by the way, which I thought was funny).
Besides William, someone else also left the city - Curtis. We kind of already knew that something was up with Curtis because he wasn't part of the tattoo thing and now we understood what happened. He got offered a job in DC and he took it, not liking what he was doing at ARGUS anymore. I'm sad to see Curtis go because I liked his character but at least he's not dead and he can always come back.
And, when someone leaves a new one comes so... In the very end of the episode we learn that Felicity is pregnant! Actually, I was thrilled about this! Who doesn't want an Oliver and Felicity baby?! I got really excited! Until I found out who's their daughter... freaking Blackstar aka Mia Smoak.
I was so pissed about that! In case you didn't know, I really didn't want Kat on Arrow. After seeing her on Shadowhunters you know how I feel about her acting so I really didn't want her in one of my favorite shows, but then I was okay with it because she was only part of the flash forwards and she was barely in the show so... It was fine. But now?! Finding out she's Felicity and Oliver's daughter?! It really pissed me off! I'm sorry to everyone who likes her, I like Kat as well, but I just think she's a bad actress and Mia as a character is also awful! Ugh, I'm going to stop now because I'm making myself really angry.
So, let me know what you thought about all this reveals and please tell me I'm not the only one feeling like this towards Mia and Kat and everything.
We're going to have to wait until March for a new episode so, I'll see you in my next The Flash rant!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment