Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Shadowhunters | Season 1 Episode 8 - "Bad Blood"


Spoiler Alert!

Ok, first of all, let's take a moment to appreciate my first Alec banner! He's just too perfect! You don't even have to ask who was my favourite in this episode because you already know the answer. Well, in this episode and in every episode, basically... Alec is just my fave.
Anyway, let's stop talking about Alec and get into the actual rant.
This episode was basically all about Simon becoming a vampire. That, and the strugles of the Lightwood family.
Clary has to make the tough decision in either Simon ends up dead or a vampire. Obviously, we know from the start that he's going to turn into a vampire because, afterall, he's one of the main characters but, I have a question... For you, readers of the book, please tell me if Simon really turns into a vampire in the books, because I would really like to know. Let me know in the comments.
Anyway, Clary has to make that decision and she only has a day to do it.
Meanwhile, in the institute, a new character arrives, Lydia Branwell. She's coming to take over the Institute for a while, while the clave decides if, basically, it can still be in the hands of the Lightwoods.
Also, while all of that is happening, Luke is attacked by a forsaken sent by Valentine. He ends up killing it and then, the dead forsaken is taken to the institute to be analysed.
Let me just say, I really liked the fact that they mention Lisbon in this episode, when Alec and Lydia were talking, while going to check on the forsaken. I always get really happy when series mention my Country or my city. Just wanted to mention this. Anyway, going with the episode...
After analysing the forsaken, Isabelle discovers that is has angel blood, and that's when another forsaken appears in the institute and attacks Hodge. Alec then appears and both of them fight it and Hodge ends up killing it.
But, I have to say, the most surprising moment of the episode, for me, was when Alec proposed to Lydia so their families could 'fight' together. I seriously wasn't expecting that at all, and mostly, because Malec was pretty close to happen. It will still happen, I know it, but it was still pretty surprising for me.
The very last scene of the episode is Simon 'coming back from the dead' as a vampire and thinking of him as a monster and not as the old Simon.
I have to say, that last scene was pretty touching and Katherine is slightly improving her acting because, in that scene, I really felt for her. I was almost crying so... That means something.
Ok, guys, that's it for the Shadowhunters rants. By now, you probably are already tired of shadowhunters because my last three posts where about it but... I was so behind I just had to update everything. Hope you don't mind. And, don't forget to leave me your thoughts in the comments.
Love,
Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment