Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Shadowhunters | Season 1 Episode 12 - "Malec"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello guys!
So, with the end of the season coming, the producers decided to finally give us the episode that we've always wanted, the Malec episode, literally.
I have to say that this last 3 episodes (including this one) have been amazing and, seriously, I don't know which one is my favourite. I would say probably this one because of obvious reasons but... Let's not get ahead of this and start with the proper rant.
This episode was all about Alec's wedding and the struggles of his feelings. We also saw a little bit of the struggles between Jace and Clary and we finally got Alec and Jace on the same side again, finally!
For the first time, the episode didn't start right where the previous one ended. Instead, it started with Izzy preparing Alec's wedding, particularly, choosing the curtains for the wedding (blue, which, from what she said, is so Alec's color). 
Isabelle is also planning a Bachelor party for Alec, and for that she goes to Simon to ask for some advice. That was a pretty cute scene for me. It wasn't like Sizzy Sizzy, but it was a hint for their relationship. I kind of missed it because the only time we got like proper Sizzy moments were in the second episode it was like 10 episodes ago, which is a long time.
Anyways, following Simon's advice, about a Bachelor party being more about bonding with your friends, Izzy decides to arrange a meeting between Alec and Jace to make them talk.
Let's just say that everything ends up fine betweetn them, finally, and Jace ends up being Alec's best man.
But, before all this (I know, I'm going back and forth with this rant, I'm sorry about that), Jace, Clary and Magnus track down the Warlock that gave Jocelyn the spell to put her asleep. This Warlock, which was a great friend of Magnus, ends up dying after being attacked by a demon. 
With this, Jace gets to the conclusion that there's a traitor inside the institute and that that someone his giving Valentine informations.
So, back to the wedding again, everyone is ready for it to start (one scene that I quite enjoyed was another Simon scene when he enters the wedding and hugs Clary, it was kind of cute), while Magnus is in the wedding struggling with both his friends death and his love for Alec. 
The wedding starts and they start doing all the wedding stuff (a little bit different from our normal weddings) and, as they are about to give eachother the runes that would make them married for real... Magnus shows up!
Let's just say that everyone got surprised, but different types of surprised. Alec's mother got mad, while Alec himself got really nervous and Isabelle got happy! But, what happened next is was shocked everyone the most! Alec just and stops the wedding (apologizes to Lydia) and just goes to Magnus and... He kisses him! He freaking kisses him! Not the other way around, it's Alec who kisses Magnus. Well, I don't need to say that Alec's mother got even more mad, while Jace finds that funny and everyone else (kind of) just finds it pretty cute, me included. I've started to ship Malec more and more each time I watch a new episode and... I just loved this scene so much! Malec is for sure in my TOP 10 Favourite Ships, they're so cute together!
Well, unfortunately, the episode doesn't end in this pretty cute way. Instead, the last scenes are about the traitor that is inside the institute. He ends up stealing The Mortal Cup from Lydia and, in the very end, we find out that the traitor is Hodge! Like, I already had a suspicion on him but... I could always be wrong. Guess I wasn't afterall.
And yeah, this is how the episode ends.
Next weeks episode is the last of the Season and I'm not ready! It was so short! I'm even thinking about reading the books to know what's going to happen next, even though I know they're not following everything that happens in the books.
Anyway, let me know your thoughts in this episode and I'll see you in my next rant.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment