Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Shadowhunters | Season 1 Episode 9 - "Rise Up"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello everyone!
So, I'm back with a new Shadowhunters rant and, I have to say, I'm so glad Shadowhunters are going to keep airing because every other series that I follow is on hiatus and I wouldn't have anything to watch.
Anyway... About this new episode... It was a good one, even though Alec kind of pissed me off a little. I do tried not to be angry at him but, his looks weren't enough. Still, this episode had a lot of nice stuff... First, even thought I don't ship them that hard we had a lot of Jace and Clary moments (if you guys know their ship name please tell me because I have no clue).
Something pretty awesome in this episode was Simon. Simon has been a little 'shut down' in this last couple of episodes but I guess it was all because this episode was coming. 
Basically, Simon is now a vampire and has to 'learn' how to be this new self, and that's what this episode was about (or at least, some of it). It was/is pretty interesting to see his character development because he start as the best friend which had/has a crush on Clary and now he's becoming more 'independent'. I feel like he's going to be one of the best characters in the series, along with Isabelle, of course!
And, talking about Isabelle... 
I don't know, but something is off with her. I don't feel like he's the same... I mean, I think that's what they're trying to show but I prefered the 'bad ass' kind of Isabelle. I kind of miss her old self and just how 'sexy' and confident she was. She still is, I know, she just doesn't show it off that much. Still, in this episode it was pretty nice to see her trying to save Meliorn, they kind of look cute together... But I still ship her with Simon and I hope we get to see that soon.
Something that really surprised me, and not just in this episode but in the last couple of episodes, is how Raphael is important in the storyline. When we got intruduced to his character I never thought he would play sucha big role in the plot, but he's getting pretty big and, I actually like it!
And, well... That's basically it... I'm not even going to mention Clary because... You know how I feel about her.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments. Did you liked this episode? What did you think about Alec? Did he made you angry as well? Let me know everything!
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment