Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Shadowhunters | Season 1 Episode 10 - "This World Inverted"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello! 
So, here I am, once again, with another Shadowhunters rant. It seems like it's going to be just Shadowhunters rants for the next couple of weeks, because the other series are on hiatus.
Anyways, I was pretty excited for this episode. Not that I was thinking it was going to be amazing, but because I've been so into Shadowhunters and the Shadowhunters cast this last weeks so I was excited to see a new episode and, it was actually pretty good!
The main story of this episode was the alternative universe (a little bit like The Flash) and something about that got me really excited and 'happy' about this episode.
The episode begans with Meliorn showing Jace and Clary the portal, the only way they can find Valentine. Clary ends up going alone to that alternative universe and that's when the good part beggins!
With something like this, of course there's a catch. If Clary gets too much in to this alternate life she may be stuck in that universe, so all the time she stayed there she kept trying not to get in too deep, which was hard because her life in that universe was like perfect.
It was so cool to see the other characters playing a different type of person like, Izzy being the geek girl and actually dating Simon, which was so damn cute! And Alec being the sassy one, and Jace working in a coffee type of trailer (I don't what I should call it, but I guess you understand). Jace and Clary were also dating in that universe too so it was also nice. And, I have to say, Jace was actually my favourite character in this episode. The moments between in and Clary were so cute and I've forgotten I much I liked Dominic so... Nice!
Meanwhile, in the real world Jace and Meliorn protect the portal to the other dimension and that's when a demon appears and, because Alec is trying to find Jace through their parabatai bond, which not only weakens their bond but also weakens both of them, which makes Jace 'weak' and the demon gets through the portal.
With that, Jace decides to get through the portal as well to help Clary and try to kill that demon, but in the alternative universe the shadowhunters 'don't exist' so it was going to be difficult to kill the demon.
They get to kill the demon afterall and, with the help of the alternative universe Magnus they find the portal that leads them to Valentine. 
I should point out something in this moment, which was one of my favourite parts of the episode. When Magnus is trying to get into the party in the institute they don't want to let them in and it's Alec who let's him in. Magnus is there to help Clary so he kind of 'ditches' him and in that moment Alec says a line that Magnus said in the 'real world'. I can't remember the actual line but it was something about playing hard to get and that he loves a challenge. I loved that scene because it was like they switched roles. So funny!
Anyways, back to the story... 
Clary and Jace arrive at the place where Valentine is hiddin, to find Jace's dad, who was suppose to be dead. And that's how the episode ends.
Oh, Isabelle is also arrested because of everything that happened in the last episode and that's why Alec was trying to find Jace, so he could find the Mortal Cup and then give them the Mortal Cup in exchange for Izzy's freedom.
And, that's basically it!
It wasn't like an huge episode, but it was quite funny and it was a different type of episode for Shadowhunters.
Now, I can't wait for the episode where Alec is marrying Lydia because, besides the fact that he looks so handsome in the pics that I've seen, with that white suit *heart eyes*, I've also heard that someone is going to stop the wedding so... Excited for that!
Let me know your thoughts about this episode and, also, what do you think about the fact that the series was renewed for Season 2? (and yeah, Season 2 is happening!)
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment