Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 1 Episode 4 - "Semi-Charmed Lifesaver"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

I know, I know... I'm so late with this rant! For some reason it's so hard to find this season (outside of the US). But I found it and I'm finally here to talk about this really bittersweet episode.

On one hand this episode was really surprising but, at the same time, it was also a let down because of everything that happened. And, as per usual, I'm going straight to the point - the lifesaver!

As the title of the episode suggests, this episode was all about the lifesaver and what the heck does it mean in terms of who ends up going into the elimination. The challenge itself (the challenge of the week), although interesting, not as exciting as the one in last week's episode. I was happy that Mark won (although I did see a spoiler of that) and I liked that he took a chance in using the lifesaver. If there was anyone to use it, it was him, and I'm glad he did. However, in doing so, he saved the person that I thought should be the one going into elimination - Katie.

I get it, she had put up with so many injuries in over water challenges so I understand her. Still, it does make me slightly annoyed that she didn't even try, and because of that, I thought she was the one that should go into elimination and I'm glad she volunteered. But it didn't matter in the end - the person going against Beth (who was the captain of the loosing team) wasn't going to be her because Mark used the lifesaver. The highlight - we found out what happens when someone uses the lifesaver, and that made a lot of people mad.

Turns out, when you use the lifesaver, there's another vote, right then and there. The only people that don't vote are the captains of the winning team (in this case Mark and Ruthie, the later who was also safe from elimination) and the person that was saved (in this case, Katie), oh and the person going into elimination - here it was Beth. So everyone else votes and the majority of voted went towards Arissa, who was the second person that Beth wanted to go against (after Katie, who ended up being saved). Personally, I don't think it was just because of that. As we saw during the episode, she was excluding herself from a lot of the things and being a loner so not a lot of people had ties with her so that also made it easy to vote for her. But oh boy... Arissa was not happy.

I was actually pretty stoked to see that elimination - it looked fairly easy, but you never know with The Challenge. However, Arissa just wanted to get physical and punch someone, and because the elimination wasn't physical like that, she just gave up, gave Beth the win and just went home. And that's when we see that snippet that was shown in one of the season's trailer where TJ says 'See you Never'. That was gold! 

It was really lame of her to that and I'm happy she's gone. I get so annoyed when people get offended when the house votes for that person like... it's the challenge ffs! You should expect that! But okay... Hopefully the next episode will be better and have some actual challenges and elimination because that's what I want to see.

In the meantime, let me know what you thought of this episode. Did you agree with what Katie did? What about with Arissa? Tell me everything and I'll see you next week with more rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment