Pages

Friday, April 16, 2021

The Challenge: Double Agents | Season 36 Episode 18 - "No Time To Die""


Spoiler Alert!

 

Heya!

Here I am again with the last rant of the week - The Challenge: Double Agents.

We finally got to the final and what a ride this was/is going to be. Actually, this episode felt a bit short. I mean, it was shorter than the previous episodes, but it did feel short regardless because we got so little of the actual challenge. Which, in a way, got me so excited about the next one (aka the final of the final).

To start of, they spent a lot of time on "drama" in the beginning of the episode. I know it's the final and they have to create some tension but... They could've gone sooner into the final, but yeah... It was a lot of foreshadowing of what was to come and, to be honest, I'm happy, in a weird/creepy way, about what ended up happening. 

Anyway, when they got into the final it was so exciting! First of all, I was wrong about the teams - they did stick to their partners, but with something happening later. And, in true The Challenge fashion, this first half of the final was mainly running, with some checkpoints, of course. And the main thing I took from all of this was Amber is actually pretty good!! Not only she was the first to arrive to the first checkpoint, with CT, obviously, but she was most of the time ahead of him, but in the actual checkpoint challenge she beat everyone else.

This first checkpoint was a redo of the first ever challenge on the season and it was played on two rounds - a girls one and a guys one. As for the guys, CT won, and then, as I said, Amber won on the girls round and she was even faster than CT so she had a choice to make. TJ gave her the opportunity to change partners but she did the right thing - she stayed with CT. Not only they have been working pretty well so far but both of them won this checkpoint so... And we have to keep in mind that CT has the experience so... Yeah, she did the right thing. The only downside of this first round was that Leroy was in last place... And he stayed that way for the remaining of the second round.

After the first round, it was time for more running until the next checkpoint and CT and Amber remained ahead. I mean, they weren't but then they got ahead because of what happened with Kaycee.

As expected, Fessy didn't work well with Kaycee. I mean, he tried harder than with any other girl, but still, he never waited for her on the running part and that's why Kaycee fell and snapped her knee. She was trying to go at Fessy's pace but she was too tired and she fell. With that, they ended up last and, of course, Fessy was annoyed. He never really said that but, as Nany said, he had that look on his face. Still, I was so surprised that she kept going and they got to the second checkpoint, which was all about eating.

I love eating challenges and it has been a while since the had one in the final, so it was so cool! As expected, CT did great but again, Amber really surprised me again because she tried to keep going with CT and she was able to, to the point that they won again!

What was also surprising (not really) was Fessy not eating. Kaycee kept trying and she went straight to eating and Fessy didn't even try! I mean, I get it - he's afraid he will have to eat that disgusting food for them to then be disqualified but from the preview, it looks like they won't be so... Fessy is a p*ssy! Ugh! So annoying!

Anyway, so CT and Amber won again and their "advantage" was to give more food to one team, and that's when the episode ends. I hope they give that food to Cory and Kam because they are closer to them in the race, but we'll see.

With all of this events, now I'm doubting my prediction that Leroy will win. I don't think he will be able to win with Nany so either he is able to switch partners in one of the next checkpoints or it's CT and Amber that win this season. It's pretty clear that Fessy and Kaycee will be the 4th place, even if the keep going so that's nice. I would love to see Leroy win but it's not looking great for him... Let's see...

In the meantime, tell me what you thought of this first half of the final and who do you think will win? I know some people already know who won but no spoilers please, just predictions! If you know, please don't say anything. Okay, that's it from me. I'll see you next week with more rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment