Pages

Friday, April 2, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 1 Episode 1 - "Legends Never Die"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hey y'all!

I'm sorry I took a bit longer with this post. I had intentions of watching this and posting yesterday but I couldn't find this episode for the life of me! Luckily I did today and so I'm here to tell you all about the new The Challenge series that it's all about the old school challengers. I do need to reference that I have not seen all the The Challenge seasons and so there's a bunch of these names that I do not know. (Also, if you're like me and you live outside of the US and you can't find the episode, just hit me up on twitter @danixinhahhh and I'll let you know where you can find it). Anyway, with all of that said, let's talk about this new format.

The first thing that I noticed was the image quality! Because this series is on a streaming platform, one that it's from Paramount, the image quality really increased and that is amazing! Some people talked about the soundtrack but I didn't really notice it that much. I mean, it's nice, but it's a lot like all the other seasons of The Challenge. Something else that you might notice once you get into it is the runtime. They really waste no time with dramas and all of that and go straight to the challenges. On one hand that is great, the challenges and eliminations are what I want to see, but on the other hand there's no real build up for who's going into elimination and whatnot so... I also understand that this is the first episode so there's not a lot of build up yet. Let's see if they incorporate more drama in the future.

As for the players, I feel like the only ones that I know are the ones that have been in the recent seasons - Darrell, Aneesa, Jemmye... But I also remember Big Easy, Derrick, Jonna, KellyAnne and Nehemiah. And, of course, even though I haven't seen any of his seasons, I know Mark, who's not only the big face of this season but also the reason why this series happened at all. Clearly Mark is the stronger one here and I can't wait to see him in an elimination - I feel like he's going to be a beast! But, I must say, my favorite one this episode was Jisela. Not only she was the funnier one but she also was a beast in that daily challenge so... I'm liking her!

And, talking about the daily challenge... It was a bit of a let down?! I don't know... I get it, they're old, they can't do things like they used to, but c'mon! Most of them didn't even try! I have no idea if the water was that cold and the pieces were that deep but... It didn't look that hard, but maybe I'm underestimating the difficulty of the game. Regardless, I expected more from this legends.

Luckily the elimination saved this episode. I didn't know neither Ace nor Laterrian, so I had no idea what to expect but damn! Laterrian is a beast as well and that elimination is the type of elimination that I like to see! I just wish the daily challenge was as difficult/physical as the elimination. Maybe next episode... We'll see. 

And yeah... There's not much more to it. In terms of nominations it was pretty straight forward - they went with who Laterrian wanted, since he was the captain of his team and his team lost he went straight to elimination - and the only different thing was that the female captain of the winning team had Life Saver, which means she could save who was nominated by the group, which Jisela didn't use on Ace. Besides that, it was pretty 'normal'.

The preview showed a few interesting things though. Most of all, it showed some cool eliminations and TJ being mad at someone leaving the elimination so... I don't know who it is but I can't wait to find out.

I must say that I was a tiny bit disappointed by this episode, mainly because most of them just gave up on the daily challenge but I'm stoked to see some of these physical eliminations and can't wait to see when it's Mark going down there, it's going to be interesting!

Let me know what you thought of this series premiere - if it was nostalgic for you or if you were a bit disappointed and I'll see you next week with new rants!

Love,

Daniela.


No comments:

Post a Comment