Pages

Friday, April 16, 2021

The Challenge: All Stars | Season 1 Episode 3 - "I've Got The Power"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello people!

Yeah, there's a bit of a change. Not only I'm a day late with this rant but I'm also starting with The Challenge: All Stars because I don't know what happened but I couldn't find the "normal" The Challenge anywhere so... We're starting with this one.

On one hand this version of The Challenge is better because it goes straight to the point but on the other hand there's not much to anticipate and speculate about. But anyway, let's talk about it.

As I said, there wasn't much "drama" and foreshadowing of the episode in the beginning. We basically went straight into the week's challenge which, wasn't that bad. This week's challenge was pretty exciting. Something they have been doing with this season is bring back some of the best old school challenges and that's what they did here.

This week's challenge was all about melting a block of ice with your body and, although the only version I remember of this was a similar version with a block of soap (I think), they did say in the episode that they have done it before so... That was nice! However, this was taking way too long so TJ had to give them a hand and give each team a hammer to break the ice. The thing here was that, underneath the ice, there were pieces with the name of The Challenge seasons that they had to put in order and they couldn't break those pieces or they would have a 5 minute penalty for each broken piece and it was here that things got switched up.

Mark and Beth's team was actually the first team to finish, but they had two broken pieces which gave the win to Darrell and Kendal's team. This being a male elimination week meant that Darrell was save and Kendal had the life saver. As for the last team it was Katie and Nehemiah's team that lost and so Nehemiah went straight into elimination. And then, something happened (don't really understand what) and Teck started "teasing" Nehemiah and you know what that means, right? Nehemiah chose Teck to go against in the elimination. It's what made sense. Like Mark said - why make other enemies? However, when they got into the nominations Teck volunteered himself and... Yeah, that was the end of nominations.

What followed next was a bit more interesting though. I don't know what they were trying to do but they were talking a lot about Kendal using the Life Saver and throwing in Big Easy. Don't really know what they were thinking there but that got all the boys worried that Kendal could throw them in (even though, they don't know what really happens when you use the Life Saver).

But, never-mind, Kendal decided not to use it and so it was Nehemiah against Teck. Actually, it was a pretty tight race. It wasn't exactly a physical challenge so Teck had a bit of an advantage, but TJ threw a curve-ball at them.

Basically the elimination was breaking their colored tiles and get back to the starting place. But TJ decided to give both of them two Carolina Reapers (the peppers - the hottest ones) before the ran into the "cube" with the tiles, which made the elimination a lot harder. And, as I said, it was a pretty tight race but Nehemiah won which I'm not mad about. I think he's a good competitor so I can't wait to see more of him.

And that's it. As I said, there's not much to predict here because the show focuses a lot on the actual challenges, which is good, but you know me, I like to speculate a bit. I'll say this, women's eliminations are a lot more "fired up" because women are more dramatic so... I think we will see a bit of drama next week... We'll see...

But, that's it. Hopefully I'll watch the "normal" season today and put up my rant as well but, in the meantime, let me know what you thought of this episode and if you prefer this more focused on the challenges season and yeah... I'll see you soon!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment