Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist | Season 2 Episode 13 - "Zoey's Extraordinary Goodbye"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

OMG I'm so stoked to talk about this episode!

This was Zoey's season finale and, what could have been such a sad send off (even more because we don't know if the show will be renewed or not) ended up being such an uplifting episode with the end that I wanted!

That's right folks, they did it! Clarkeman (yes, I finally know what Zoey and Max's ship name is) is endgame!

I'm sure you'll forgive me but I have to start with the end! OMG what was that?! I mean, not only they really mad us think Zoey would end up alone but they left us with such a big cliffhanger! So now Max hears Heart Songs as well?! I mean... This makes the possibility of an upcoming season so much more interesting, but that really caught me by surprise (not mad though).

Okay, now that I've got my excitement out, let's rewind a bit and get through the whole episode.

We knew that Zoey felt much more than friendship towards Max (even after their 'break up') but, to be honest, we never really saw her 'not working' with Simon either so I truly didn't know what they were going to do with this episode. I knew I wanted Clarkeman to be endgame but I didn't know if that was going to happen. Well, turns out pretty early in the episode Zoey realizes that things with Simon aren't working out and, luckily, Simon felt the exact same way and their break up was fairly simple. Obviously they will still have a deep connection, mainly because of the things they shared about their dads and all of that, but Zoey's heart belonged to Max.

However, it isn't until she learns about what we saw in the last episode (about Max giving her his spot at SPRQ Point) and after a beautiful dream musical number with her dad that Zoey realizes she has to do something about Max leaving otherwise she will regret it for the rest of her life. But, of course, something had to happen and Zoey doesn't go through with her plan. She sees Max and Rose at the airport and, as she's approaching them, she hears/sees Max sing a heart song that she assumed was towards Rose and so she gives up and goes back home.

It's then, in the end of the episode, that Max appears, revealing that he didn't go to New York. Rose realized that he wasn't focused at all and Max realized that he loved someone else - Zoey - who was the person he was singing about after all. And then the plot twist happens.

As Zoey is explaining her feelings for him, she starts singing and turns out Max now hears Heart Songs! And the episode ended like that. Now I wonder - does both of them have powers now? Did Zoey transfer her powers to Max? Did Zoey get rid of her powers and they won't come back to her? There's so many questions now! I really need that Season 3! But, I gotta say - If they end up not renewing the show I won't be mad at how this ended. I will be sad that one of my favorite shows ended but the actual ending wasn't bad - everyone is happy and Zoey and Max are together. It's pretty clear that the writers really thought this through. Not only they pleases everyone, with Zoey and Simon dating for a few episodes, then making the previews episode which changed a lot of people's minds on Clarkeman (people started shipping them) and then they ended with basically everyone happy but still with an interesting twist that, if they get picked up (which I hope they do) will make a great Season 3 - so let's hope that happens!

Well, I guess that's it from me as far Zoey's Playlist goes. I'm sorry if this rant was a bit messy but so many emotions! Let me know what you guys thought of this season finale and what do you think - do you think there will be a Season 3? Tell me everything and I'll see you later this week with more rants!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment