Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist | Season 2 Episode 12 - "Zoey's Extraordinary Session"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!!

I know, I know, I'm late again...I'm sorry but yesterday was hectic and I didn't have time to watch the new episode. But I did today and let me tell you - this episode was so heartwarming! I mean, Zoey's Playlist always his but in this episode we went back in time and it just reminded me of the first season and when I started watching the show... Yeah, it was special. Besides, this episode just made me love Max even more and, from what I've seen, a lot of people became Team Max with this episode so... I'm happy about that!

However, this episode also made me a bit sad with the fact that the season is ending and, from what I've seen people talk about, there's a possibility of the show not being renewed because, apparently, people in the US aren't watching so... That makes me sad... But let's talk about better things and get into this super cute episode!

So, as I said, this episode took us back in time to things that we didn't see happen - when Zoey started her job in SPRQ Point and, therefore, when she first met Max. It was super interesting the way they set this up because all the flashbacks that we got were through Zoey telling them to her therapist. And we learn so much about Zoey and just everyone else, in general.

The core of the episode was really Zoey understanding where her fear of loss is coming from and that's when we learn that, in her first day at SPRQ Point, Maggie has a heart attack and that's when Zoey first faced the possibility of loosing someone. However, the whole process of Zoey getting into SPRQ Point also sheds a light on her relationship with Max and how all that started.

It was super cute because everything started with Max making fun of her suit and then them get paired up for some 'trials' to see who will get the two positions and, in the midst of all of this not only there's the whole situation with Maggie happening but Zoey and Max start getting close to each other to the point that, when Maggie goes into surgery, Max and Zoey decide to do the last task with Zoey remotely, in the hospital, and then, in the end, Max goes there to tell her that she got the job - her and Leif (yes, we also get introduced to Leif's first day and Leif with a bun). It's later on in the episode that we learn that Max was actually the one to get the job and he gave up his position for Zoey - and from what I understood Zoey doesn't know that, which makes everything even more sweet.

After telling all of this to her therapist, the therapist actually says something that I really enjoyed and I think can summarize the show perfectly - "it's as much a love story as it is a loss story". Because it is! Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist started with Mitch's illness being a really big focus on the show and then, when he died, the show became a lot about the love triangle, but at the same time Zoey was still grieving the loss of her father so... Yeah, this is a perfect way to summarize the show.

With only one episode left of this season, I really hope they give us Zoey and Max as endgame. The connection between the too of them is undeniable and as much as I like Simon and he also has a good relationship with Zoey, same with Rose and Max, the deep connection that Zoey and Max is so much stronger - after all, as the therapist said, that whole first day at SPRQ Point was not only about facing the possibility of loss but also her finding her best friend and creating a connection with Max. Besides, it's clear that Max still has feelings for Zoey because he even kept the prototype that they created in that first day so, it's clear that that day meant a lot to him.

Okay, I guess that's pretty much it from me, I just need to highlight something that was really interesting - the way they incorporated the songs in this episode. Because all of this flashbacks happened before Zoey got her powers, the people really sang in certain situations so... That was really cleaver. Not as epic, but the story as the most important thing here so I'm not mad at it, at all.

Now that's it. Let me know what you thought of the episode, if you were Team Simon and this episode changed your mind and yeah... I'll see you tomorrow with a new The Flash rant!!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment