Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 12 - "Good-Bye Vibrations"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello!

I know, I know... I'm super late with this post (to the point where the new episode airs today), but this past week was pretty hard for me on a mental health level and I was not in the mood to write so I just gave my mind the rest that it needed. I hope you understand. Hopefully the next rant won't come this late.

Now that you know what happened and why this post is coming to late, let's talk about the actual episode.

I actually watched this the day it came out and I gotta say - this was one of the best episodes this season, and that is odd because this was the one where we said goodbye to Cisco. And that's exactly how the episode starts - with Cisco and Kamilla revealing to the Team that they are moving to Star City. And then the episode takes a weird turn. I mean, I understood what they were trying to do, but it didn't flow well.

Basically they made Cisco believe that neither Caitlin nor Barry cared that much that he was leaving, when in reality, they just didn't want to dissuade him so they pretended to not care. However that ended up with Cisco upset, because he felt like his friends didn't like him as much as he thought. 

Meanwhile, there was a villain, obviously, and I kind of liked this villain. This was Rainbow Raider 2.0, a girl that created euphoric emotions on people. And, as expected, when Team Flash goes to fight her, this backfires on them and Cisco ends up 'under her spell', which leads to Barry being as well. That created some nice scenes, with Carlos and mostly Grant doing things that they don't usually do in the show, which is always a breath of fresh air. But, ultimately, Chester comes to the rescue and is able to get them both back to normal.

Well, in the end, not only Cisco reveals how he feels as well as Barry and Caitlin reveal their intent, but they also fight Rainbow Raider one more time and, guess what? They 'defeat' her with words... Yes, this again. I can forgive it this time though, because she wanted to do good but through not the best means so, for her, it kind of worked... But after them defeating the bad guys with words so many times... It just gets tiring and boring.

And yeah, the episode ends with a pretty nice scene with Joe, Barry, Cisco and Caitlin singing karaoke and, in the very end we see Cecile being confronted by a masked reflection of herself that tells her "I will find you". I have no idea what that means and where this story-line is going but we'll find out in today's episode so... We don't have to wait much longer.

So, I guess that's it. Once again, I'm sorry I took way too long to post this but I hope you can understand. I know there's not much time before the next episode airs but let me know what you thought of this episode - are you going to miss Cisco? What you thought of this farewell? What about this villain? Let me know everything and I'll talk to you, hopefully, tomorrow.

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment