Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Flash | Season 7 Episode 14 - "Rayo de Luz"


Spoiler Alert!

 

Hello everyone!

So here we have it again - another boring The Flash episode. And once more, another episode that sort of has a nice message behind it but falls really flat. Well, now that I think about it, I don't even understand how they went through with this one because this whole episode shows what is wrong with the show this season - the whole thing about defeating people with words/love.

Someone pointed out to me on twitter that it's actually a nice message, which it is - like showing that with love and some compassion people can change - but this is a superhero show, you don't want to see the bad guys be defeated with love. I mean, once a while, with one or two villains sure, but not the overall arc of an entire season! That's just boring! And that's what I've been feeling in all this past episodes. I want to pay attention to it because there's interesting things, but the overall plot is so lame and not well execute that I just loose my interest and become so bored. And that was the case with this episode.

This whole episode was about Allegra and I'm pretty sure this episode was only made so Allegra could 'transform' into a more powerful hero which, to be honest, that last part with her going 'supernova' and glowing was beautiful, I liked that, but the rest of the episode was not good. It's also a shame because this was the episode directed by Danielle Panabaker and she deserved a better episode. Again, there were parts that I liked, such as that ending part and Sue. I think Sue was such a nice addition to the team, it's just a bummer that every time I look at her, I just think about Ralph and I get mad about the producers firing Hartley... But overall, I like having her around - she brings a sassyness to the team.

Then, besides the Allegra story-line with her cousin, which I said was lame, there was also the Joe story with him investigating the FBI lady and... that also went downhill. It looked pretty interesting in the beginning and Joe was finding some dirt on her but of course the writers had to redeem her and give her a sad story that I do not care about. I couldn't care less about her brother that isn't even her brother. The writers are just adding a bunch of story-lines that are boring as hell and I'm seriously loosing faith in this season.

The episode did end with an interesting scene between Frost and Chill-bane and that I'm interested in so, at least, there's still some nice things here and there, and the next episode is finally the one with Godspeed and I'm hoping Barry won't be able to defeat him with words so I'm expecting some action therefore a better episode.

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention, the reason why think this episode shows everything wrong with this season is because Allegra tries to get through to her cousin with words, saying that would be what Barry would do and it didn't work, her cousin still betrayed her so... there you have it writers - it didn't work as a power and it doesn't work as a story-line so just give up and give us some action.

Okay, I'm done. Don't forget to let me know what you thought about this episode and if you agree with me that Danielle deserved a better episode and yeah... I'll see you in my next rant!

Love,

Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment