Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

The Challenge: Ride or Dies | Season 38 Episode 13 - "Blind Faith"


Spoiler Alert!

Hello people!

Back with a new The Challenge rant! Unfortunately, this was another of those cases where I came across some spoilers before watching the episode so I sort of got it a little bit ruined for me (I swear, I need to stop following the show on social media). But still, The Challenge is The Challenge it is never boring to me! Actually, this week's daily challenge was super cool! Even better than what I thought it would be, so that's saying a lot! And honestly I hoped what little information I saw was wrong because I actually thought Moriah's Team had a shot at winning again and... They almost win... They just didn't because of one little (big) thing - they helped Fessy on the eating challenge! I swear, that was the downfall of the Yellow Team!

But, let's rewind a little bit and set the rules for this week's challenge... This was a challenge that was divided in four rounds and in each round they would have to pick someone from their Team to go ahead and 'represent' them in that particular 'little challenge'. They would pick based on a symbol that would give them an idea of what the challenge would be. First was straight away Jordan, who decided to go in because it was a target and he's pretty good at that (turns out, Devin is the one good at being a spotter, but I'll get into that) and Fessy decided to go in because he wanted to go against Jordan - the thing is, this was also an eating challenge and we all know how Fessy is with eating challengers. However, Jordan wasn't great either and that's when Devin comes it. Honestly, Devin is the real MVP here because he's the reason why both of them (Jordan and Fessy) were able to finish that challenge, and that's also what made the Yellow Team loose in the end. They had such a great lead and, because of that, and because Jordan felt sympathetic towards Fessy, they told Devin to help Fessy - aka help the other team. I get it - they had a pretty good lead, but I would never help them with the two shots. I would help with one and then it was up to Fessy. The Yellow Team had a pretty good lead for all the other challenges until the very last one, which was Chauncey and Kaycee against Moriah and Jordan once again, in a speed/endurance challenge and, at the end, Jordan and Moriah run out of leading time and the Pink Team won. Seriously, what makes this whole thing so annoying is the fact that they basically helped the other Team win because, honestly, if it wasn't for Devin helping them, I'm pretty sure the Yellow Team would have one. But it is what it is and so two of the three girls had to go into elimination. Obviously I already knew who was going in beforehand but again, I was hopeful that I saw it wrong. But no...

Honestly, there's not much to say about that elimination. The direct vote was Moriah, which was pretty obvious, to be honest, and then it was between Nany and Amber and Amber took out the SAFE dagger so... Moriah vs Nany it is! 

I was indeed rooting for Moriah - not only because I'm not a huge fan of Nany, but also because Moriah is a rookie and I would love for her to rub in Fessy's face that she doesn't need him to win. Unfortunately, Moriah made a spelling error and she was the one to go home... But, because there's that twist, she's obviously still in the game. Unfortunately, in order for her to come back, Fessy has to stay in the game and I just can't with that so... Moriah, I'm sorry but I hope you don't come back.

Anyway... The next episode looks like it will have a ton of things going on! It's supposed to be a male elimination week but is it?! From the preview it looks like it will be a double elimination and it looks like everyone's going in (aka both teams) but there's still a daily challenge so... I'm sort of confused. Still, it looks like it will be really exciting so I can't wait!

Well, that's it from me for this week's episode. Let me know your thoughts on it - Would you have helped Fessy as well? Who were you rooting for in that elimination? And what are your predictions for the next episode? Tell me everything in the comments and I'll talk to you in my next rant!

Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment