Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Arrow | Season 4 Episode 9 - "Dark Waters"


Spoiler Alert!

So, it seems like every Mid-season episode ended the worst, but yet, the best, way possible, and Arrow couldn't be an expetion.
I say the best and worst because it ends in a bad way but leaves me waiting to know more, so it's kind of a good way to end... I don't know, I hope you get it.
Anyways, this episode started with a pretty nice scene, Star City cleaning up the Star City bay. But, of course, something had to happen. Darhk sends a drone that started shooting everyone that was there. Luckily, no one died. But still, Team Arrow had to do something about it. So, Oliver decides to share with the media and telling everyone that who's causing all of this terrorism is Damien Darhk, which turns out to be a bad idea.
Oliver decided to host an Holiday party, and that's when Darhk strikes back. He crashes the party and kidnaps Diggle, Thea and Felicity. 
Oliver tries everything to get information to where Darhk is but it seems like no one knows where he really is so, with the help of Malcolm, he contacts Darhk to exchange himself for his friends.
Of course, you couldn't just think that Darhk would agree, afterall, he is the bad guy. So, Darhk tricks Oliver and, in the end, he tries to kill Diggle, Thea and Felicity. 
That was one of the 'harddest' scenes to see. Oliver in despair for Felicity, it was heartbreaking.
Luckily, Laurel and Malcolm team up, along with Lance, and they save them. Malcolm dresses up as Arrow, so Damien doesn't know that Oliver is the Green Arrow. They end up fighting and that scene just showed us that Damien Darhk really doesn't know that Oliver is the Green Arrow, which is good!
With this episode, I also developed another theory. I think that the person that was dead in the beggining of the season is Laurel. Laurel and Lance had a scene together where they talk about what Lance would do if Laurel died and they focused a little too much in that scene so I think it is either Lance or Laurel who dies, even thought I think it is more likely it to be Laurel. It wouldn't really 'matter' afterall because I feel like most of the people don't like Laurel so... I don't know, but I don't think it is Felicity anymore, but it is Laurel or Lance.
Anyway, moving on. In the end of the episode, at the Campaing Holiday Party Oliver finally proposes to Felicity and that is such a beautiful moment! As an Olicity shipper I've been waiting for this moment for a long long time, so it was a really beautiful moment. But, I knew that this couldn't end like this, it was such a nice way to end the episode so, something bad at to happen.
So, as they (Oliver and Felicity) leave in a limo, Damien Darhk's men go after them and shoot them while they're in the limo. Luckily, they get way but... When Oliver takes Felicity out of the limo he sees that she's not well at all and, well... The episode ends like that.
I think they did that to makes us think that Felicity is the one who's dead in the beggining of the season, but I don't think it's her anymore. I thought it was her, mostly because Barry was there with Oliver but, right now, as I said before, I think it's Laurel. But, let's see.
And well, about the flashbacks... They weren't a big part of this episode so, I don't have much to say about them. Oliver just went to a ship to get more maps of the island and he ends up being discovered by Conklin so, let's see what happens in the next episode, in January.
So, as I said in my TVD rant, there won't be more updates of Arrow until January, when the series come back so, if you want me to do rants about another series, tell me in the comments.
Until then, just two more American Horror Story rants and then, just on January.
Love,
Daniela.

No comments:

Post a Comment